Problem in handling of Dependent CDI-Beans

Hello,
when I change the weld-version in the pom.xml of engine-cdi to 1.1.14.Final instead of 1.1.5.FINAL the test ELTest fails. The Bean seems to be destroyed by weld before the invocation by camunda is done.
Greetings

Do you think this is an issue in Weld or does the test make an assumption that is not covered by the CDI spec?

Hello @thorben, thank you for looking into this.

I think the assumption the test makes is correct. The variable get’s created , used(invoked) and then destroyed.
I did not look deeper into this, I suspect, the engine-cdi sets the object depending on something very volatile and therefore the object gets “weld-concerned” destroyed very soon. Since jboss7 uses weld-version 1.1.14 onwards I think this might be an issue of engine-cdi.

The problem persists with weld 2.0.0, 2.2.0, 2.3.0 but I am not sure whether it is allowed to use this arquillian-module (1.1) so wildfly should be concerned as well.

Hi @aschoerk,

Thanks for reporting this. I refreshed my CDI knowledge, dug a little bit into Weld and am now under the impression that this is a bug in the engine’s CDI integration. I created an issue her with some details of my analysis: https://app.camunda.com/jira/browse/CAM-8043

Cheers,
Thorben

@aschoerk: We have fixed this. You can test the fix with the current 7.8.0-SNAPSHOT build or with the next alpha release.

Cheers,
Thorben

1 Like