Plugins aren't recognised by camunda app

Hello to all,
I am working on camunda for my master’s degree project and I’m trying to deploy the simple cats plugin linked here. I previously used to work on camunda’s docker image (7.13), but only know I have downloaded the tomcat app (7.14) to edit code more directly. What I don’t understand is how come the app while loading won’t read te files that are provided, not even the config.js one.
Screenshot 2020-11-12 at 15.26.50
Screenshot 2020-11-12 at 15.24.54
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

What does config.js currently contain? I’m surprised it doesn’t show as a resource since it is pulled in by
the Tasklist html. But you probably won’t see cats.js until your config.js pulls it in. This is from a fresh tomcat-7.14 download:

1 Like

Hi,
I’m working on something similar to @enricoelio and I encountered the same problem. It looks like Camunda does not see the changes in the config file.

I have tried to download a fresh 7.14 tomcat package starting it and just add change the config.js in the cockpit to add my js with a simple hello world as shown here at camundacon with:
alert('hello world'); and not even that is shown.

I’ve also tried to follows @Niall tutorial here but nothing seems to works.

I’m using visual studio code on win10 and chrome to check the results, do you have any suggestion on what I’m doing wrong?

@andrea_de_lucia

You need to do some debugging from Chrome. Try to reproduce my screenshot. From the sources tab, verify that your updates to config.js are even being seen by the browser.

1 Like

You are right, the browser does not see the changes, the config file is empty. But in the file explorer the file is different how is that possible?

I have also tried to stop and restart the engine (just in case if the problem is with the dynamic changes) but it is still “broken”

I would start with clicking the “Disable Cache” checkbox (seen in the network tab of your screenshot) and then refreshing the page to make sure you’re not loading a cached version of the old file. Other common things I’ve seen in the past are as simple as accidentally editing a file under a server you’re not actually running (e.g. did you extract it twice and you’re editing the first one but running the second one?)

I was re-editing the previous post, after the second restart it worked. Probably as you said was cache related even thought I am always refreshing with ctrl+F5 to remove the cache. But thanks for the support :smile:

1 Like