Optimize Permissions Issue

Hello,

I’m trying to get Optimize up and running with a view to providing a demo to various people in the hopes of adopting it.

We already have an enterprise license for Camunda EE. I am not entirely sure if I’m following the process correctly, but with Optimize, I have downloaded a trial with a temp license key (Not sure if we can use our existing license with camunda optimize), configured it to point at the EE instance and I’ve setup an authorization on /admin for optimize.

When I start up Optimize using optimize-demo.bat, everything seems fine, but when I attempt to login, I get the following:

16:41:04.999 [qtp990897274-203] WARN o.c.o.s.s.AuthenticationService - The user [smunro] is not authorized to access Optimize from any of the connected engines.
Please check the Camunda Admin configuration to change user authorizations in at least one process engine.
16:41:04.999 [qtp990897274-203] WARN o.c.o.r.p.ForbiddenExceptionMapper - Mapping ForbiddenException

There is a user in camunda called smunro and I am entering the correct password. I am assigned to a group with the authorization for optimize and I’ve followed the quick start guide, so I’m not sure if it’s an issue with the license or if I’m missing additional steps. Can someone please provide guidance on this?

Hi @stephenm,

Thanks for reaching out!

Just in case you aren’t aware: since you already have a Camunda EE license you’re probably an enterprise customer. As such you can open up a [support case|Camunda Enterprise Support Guide | docs.camunda.org] which allows you to share confidential data and get more structured help from Camunda.

Not sure if we can use our existing license with camunda optimize

That’s a bit complicated but depending on when you received the Camunda EE license it includes Optimize or not. However, you are always able to just past the license into the license text input box. In the worst-case Optimize will tell you that you added an invalid license. Also, feel free to reach out to your Camunda contact person to get more information about this.

16:41:04.999 [qtp990897274-203] WARN o.c.o.s.s.AuthenticationService - The user [smunro] is not authorized to access Optimize from any of the connected engines.

In order for users to be able to access Optimize they need to have the necessary application authorization. Read the User Acess Management Optimize guide for all the details. One additional note: once the user can log in to Optimize he/she needs the necessary authorizations to be able to create reports based on the data.

Does that help you?

Best
Johannes

Hello JoHeinem,

Thanks for the quick response. I have just raised a ticket within the Camunda JIRA under optimize. Hopefully I can get an answer quickly :slight_smile:

I have read the documentation you pointed me at and also watched and rewatched the video by Felix.

I still get an authorization error. The only thing I can think of is that the license key does not include Optimize and regardless of what I add in terms of permissions to allow optimize, I still get an error indicating I do not have permissions.

1 Like

Hey @stephenm,

I have just raised a ticket within the Camunda JIRA under optimize.

Great! I would suggest that we continue from there :slight_smile:

I still get an authorization error. The only thing I can think of is that the license key does not include Optimize and regardless of what I add in terms of permissions to allow optimize, I still get an error indicating I do not have permissions.

If the license hadn’t worked you wouldn’t even get to the login screen. Optimize always redirects you to the license page if you haven’t added a valid license yet. So I have a strong feeling that it has something to do with the authorizations. But let’s continue this conversation in the support case.

Best
Johannes