Optimize failing to start

Hi,
i’m having some weird issue with optimize and i can not identify the root cause. When starting optimize, the following log is looping infinitely:

optimize    | [1180]: index [optimize-process-instance_v5], type [_doc], id [1db146a4-5431-11eb-9406-0242ac1b0005], message [ElasticsearchException[Elasticsearch exception [type=cluster_block_exception, reason=index [optimize-process-instance_v5] blocked by: [FORBIDDEN/12/index read-only / allow delete (api)];]]]
optimize    | 	at org.camunda.optimize.service.es.writer.ElasticsearchWriterUtil.doBulkRequest(ElasticsearchWriterUtil.java:257)
optimize    | 	at org.camunda.optimize.service.es.writer.ElasticsearchWriterUtil.lambda$executeImportRequestsAsBulk$3(ElasticsearchWriterUtil.java:155)
optimize    | 	at java.util.HashMap.forEach(HashMap.java:1289)
optimize    | 	at org.camunda.optimize.service.es.writer.ElasticsearchWriterUtil.executeImportRequestsAsBulk(ElasticsearchWriterUtil.java:135)
optimize    | 	at org.camunda.optimize.service.es.job.importing.RunningProcessInstanceElasticsearchImportJob.persistEntities(RunningProcessInstanceElasticsearchImportJob.java:35)
optimize    | 	at org.camunda.optimize.service.es.job.ElasticsearchImportJob.executeImport(ElasticsearchImportJob.java:56)
optimize    | 	at org.camunda.optimize.service.es.job.ElasticsearchImportJob.run(ElasticsearchImportJob.java:37)
optimize    | 	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
optimize    | 	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
optimize    | 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Any idea why is that? we are running Optimize 3.2.0 and Camunda 7.14

Hi @JohnArray!
It looks like your index is read only, which means Optimize only has read access to the data in your index and can’t interact with it as it normally would. From the log alone it’s hard to tell what exactly the reason is, you could for example be running out of disk space. Either way, there are ways you can resolve the issue: have a look at this guide on how to resolve this kind of Elasticsearch error.
Let me know if that helps!

2 Likes

Turns out, no space was left on the device, thanks for the hint! :smiley: