Not able to throw a signal. What are the configurations needed?

Hi,

1. I have configured intermediate Signal throw event , and given it a name as shown below:

Also configured intermediate Signal catch event:

How does my signal throw broadcast signal to signal catch event? Is it purely based on name or am i missing some configuration?

the throw event i configured did not signal any handler waiting for the signal.

1. What is signalref attribute and initiator attribute ? i read the document but did not understand this part.
  2. I observed that a process with Message start event cannot be started in normal way a process is started with blank start event(through cckpit/rest api) . Does it apply to other start events also? like signal/conditional/timer?

Are these in the same process?

Is your user task active when you start the process that throws the signal?

The throwing and catching events belong to different processes. Yes it is active. Please see below picture:

Okay and as a test, remove the signal event from the user task and place it before the user task.

We want to test if the signal is having a issue due to the attachment of the user task

Also make your signal name value a single word / dont have spaces.

Thanks for your reply. Its working now.

Sorry , i did a blunder of incorrect spelling :expressionless:

What about 2 and 3 points , any idea?

3rd point edit - i was able to start signal and message start event process instances from cockpit. Using “Start process” . Is this behavior correct?

For #3 review the bpmn docs. Each start event type has different rules for how they are used.

For #2 where you are seeing the signalref and initiation attributes values?

#2 its there in documentation.
https://docs.camunda.org/manual/latest/reference/bpmn20/events/message-events/#defining-a-message