Not able to install npm install -s camunda-external-task-client-js

HI, I am new on the forum and Camunda user as well. I´m trying to run a JavaScript external task in Camunda Run but when I insert the installing code: npm install -s camunda-external-task-client-js on Visual studio or Windows Powershell it doesn´t give me back a node_modules and packagelock.json. What can be the problem?

This is what I got:

• camunda-external-task-client-js@2.1.0
    updated 1 package and audited 74 packages in 0.814s

7 packages are looking for funding
run npm fund for details

found 0 vulnerabilities

Hi @anchor
Welcome to the forum.

Are you running the npm installcommand in the same directory as your worker?

Hi @Niall, thank you for your quick reply. Actually, i´m doing exactly what you made in this video Camunda Platform Tutorial: Building and Running a JavaScript External Task in Camunda Run - YouTube. I checked and the command npm install is in the same directory. Of course when I made the step further of inserting the node. /… it doesn´t work as well. In the latter step the message of error I receive back is:

node. : The term ‘node.’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable
program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct
and try again.
At line:1 char:1

• node. \sendLetterWorker.js
  •   + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (node.:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
      + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

I don´t know if this can give you more information.

Do you have have node installed?
You’ll need it to run the npm commands. You can download it here: Download | Node.js

It is already installed Node.js. :pensive:

If you’re still getting the error that nodeis not recognized you probably need to add it to your path.
Try following these instructions: node.js - Fixing npm path in Windows 8 and 10 - Stack Overflow

Hi @Niall, I followed your suggestion but nothing happened. It can be related to some problem with the installation of node.js? I tried to uninstall and install one more time node.js but on powershell I got this message:

WARNING: ‘choco’ was found at ‘C:\ProgramData\chocolatey\bin\choco.exe’.
WARNING: An existing Chocolatey installation was detected. Installation will not continue.
For security reasons, this script will not overwrite existing installations.

Please use choco upgrade chocolatey to handle upgrades of Chocolatey itself.
Chocolatey v0.10.15
Upgrading the following packages:
python;visualstudio2017-workload-vctools
By upgrading you accept licenses for the packages.
python v3.9.6 is the latest version available based on your source(s).
visualstudio2017-workload-vctools v1.3.3 is the latest version available based on your source(s).

Chocolatey upgraded 0/2 packages.
See the log for details (C:\ProgramData\chocolatey\logs\chocolatey.log).
Type ENTER to exit:

Is there another wat to implement an external service task to overcome this problem?