Newer versions of DMNs are not compatible with Older version

I have prepared DMN tables with Modeler Version 4 (ie “camunda-modeler-4.0.0-win-x64”) but when I open DMN with Modeler Version 3 (ie camunda-modeler-3.4.1-win-x64), me and Anish are getting following error.

(C:\474867\Drive\Camunda\Modify\Models\Models\MAC_Product.dmn) failed to parse document as dmn:Definitions
at p (webpack:///node_modules/moddle-xml/lib/read.js:63:0)
at file:///C:/474867/camu(2.4 KB) nda-modeler-3.4.1-win-x64/resources/app.asar/public/1.1.js:1:7539 ( error )
(C:\474867\Drive\Camunda\Modify\Models\Models\MAC_Product.dmn) failed to parse document as dmn:Definitions
at p (webpack:///node_modules/moddle-xml/lib/read.js:63:0)
at file:///C:/474867/camunda-modeler-3.4.1-win-x64/resources/app.asar/public/1.1.js:1:7539 ( error )

Hi,

To help us answer you, could you please read the style guide and edit your post to make it easier to understand.

Hi @obulasettia

I assume that this is related to the fact, that the modeler from 4.0 creates DMN in version 1.3, which cannot be opened by older versions of the modeler.

@stefanzilske is exactly right. We recently added this information to the modeler download page to help inform users better.

So there would not be any chance to open DMN table when created with version 4.o in Version 3.7

Nope, not possible. There are fundamental differences in the DMN versions that the modeler versions produce.