Monitoring Live Process with Token

Hi there,

I want to monitor my BPMN Process with Camunda Cockpit,
When I start the Process in Tasklist, I want to switch to Cockpit View, so that I have a Token, where my Process is active now. How can I achieve this ?

My BPMN includes just 1 Start event, 1 Service Task and 1 Endevent.

I already had a Process with a User Task, when I clicked on it in Cockpit, it showed me a blue “1” in the left corner of the task. I also would need that for a Service Task.

My BPMN is:

startandPost.bpmn (3.0 KB)

If the service task is implemented using a Java Class then it would completely as soon as you start it so it won’t be visible in cockpit. You would only be able to find it by querying for history.

How can I querying for history ?
Would it possbile, if I add a User Task or something or some Task I just to have to wait then it will show me a token thats active on this “waiting Task” after the Service Task (its implemented as Java Class) is gone.

If I have a few more Service Tasks in a row, would it then be possible to get a token on which Service Task it is ?

You can do that using the history rest api.

If you’d like to see a token waiting in runtime - you’d need to use come kind of symbol that is a wait state for the engine. e.g. A Time, Message Event, User Task etc.

How can I handle the User task for letting the Process going on in a simple way ? for example waiting for some input or other things. Or is it possbile with the Times, that I can show Timer, which is waiting for example 10-20 seconds so I can switch to Cockpit view and see the blue token before its going to next Tast after waiting that time ?

I’ve added a one minute timer to you model, should now wait and you should be able to see the token after starting the process.
startandPost-1.bpmn (4.0 KB)

1 Like