Modeler version conflict

I am having big trouble with version conflicts. My company is using the 7.10 engine version and the update is not possible for reasons beyond my control. Therefore, I cannot write DMN models in the new modeler. So, I laid out the DMN table in the old modeler, saved it, closed the modeler and started the new modeler to see the server address there. It automatically opened that DMN model. I went out, did not save anything, because there was no such proposal, because I did not edit anything. But I can’t open this model in the old modeler now because of the version conflict. “failed to parse document”

So the problem is that the newest version of the modeler uses a much newer version of the DMN standard.
There’s a breaking change with this standard that involves the metamodel that describes where things should appear on the canvas, in the past there wasn’t any description for this so we created our own and added it as an extension to the DMN XML. The standard now has an agreed upon way of describing this and so in newer versions of the modeler we will take out the old Camunda specific data and replace it with one compatible with the standard. Which means that unless the modeler replaces the model’s XML it’s not visible in the new version.