Modeler - deployment failed due to permissions?

Hello dear community,
While trying to deploy any bpm diagram, I receive the error below.
I use the full Tomcat distribution, nothing configured in terms of authentication.
Normally, I was able to deploy any kind of diagram, but now this error. Tried with modeler versions 3.6.0 and 3.7.0 (Mac OS).

This user is not permitted to deploy. Please use different credentials or get this user enabled to deploy. [ deploy-error ]

Is there any way to view/reset the modeler configuration?
What could cause such an error?
Please advise

Thanks

Hello,

Normally, I was able to deploy any kind of diagram, but now this error.

What do you mean by normally here? Which was the last Camunda Modeler version that you could successfully deploy a diagram given same Tomcat distribution configurations?

Hello @oguzeroglu,
I used 3.6.0 and other older versions. But this is the first time I get this error. I wander if I could see more detailed logs from the modeler. Nothing in the Catalina logs regarding te issue.
I’ll try to use a clean distribution and see if the error still occurs.

Could you also try to deploy your diagram without the modeler. Please refer here: https://docs.camunda.org/manual/7.12/reference/rest/deployment/post-deployment/

This way we can figure out if the problem is Modeler related or backend related.

Hello Roman

You need to have a user that can fullfil the deploymemt.
Add into <camunda>server\apache-tomcat-x.x.x\conf\tomcat-users.xml under <tomcat-users> a line
<user username="deployer" password="deployer" roles="manager-script, manager-gui"/>

Then you can use its credential (deployer/deployer) to make deployment.

should it work also for standalone version of Camunda ?

I am trying to do it in the tomcat-users.xml file in the path related to my xampp\tomcat installation.

Note that I did not explicitly turn on REST authentication yet, but Modeller (3.7.0) requires credentials (tried either with “None” or with “HTTP Basic”).

Also, how to activate REST authentication ? In what file I have to add the filter explained in https://docs.camunda.org/manual/7.8/reference/rest/overview/authentication/ ?