Looping 2 arrays in DMN

i have 2 array variables, one called Events and another one called Parameteres.
Events: [{“Identifier”:1,“Description”:“Sample text”, “User”:“John”, “Position”:“Manager”},…]
Parameters: [{“Identifier”:1,“Description”:“Sample text”, “User”:“John”},…]

I need to create 2 new lists. One list must have all Events that exist in the Parameters list (Identifier, Description and User are the same). another list must have all Event that dont have any match in the Parameters list (Identifier or Description or User are different). is there any way i can do this sticking strictly to the dmn designer and its elements?

thx in advance

Hi @hernang,

you could craft a FEEL expression that produces the two lists.

Please have a look at the followings docs:

Why do you want to build the lists in a DMN?
It would be also possible to do it in a process.

Best regards,
Philipp

2 Likes

Hi @Philipp_Ossler

I’m starting to use camunda, specifically with DMN decision tables and literal expressions. I wanted to ask you what you mean “process” in camunda? I have to make decisions with a json that contains a list of objects, and I see that it could not be done with decision tables. What could you recommend to me? thank you so much.

It sounds like you want to evaluate a decision for a list of objects/parameters.

I recommend using a BPMN process with a business rule task in this case. Mark the business rule task as multi-instance and define the object/parameter list as the input collection. You can collect the output of the decision via defining an output collection.