Logging of a diagnostics context

Hi,

I’m using Camunda v7.10 and Log4j2 as a logging engine (log format is JSON). Unfortunately, engine execution errors seem to be logged without any details, which might help the diagnostics, such as process instance/definition ID, see an attached excerpt from a log file for instance.

excerpt.json (34.5 KB)

Quick googling (and search in this forum) didn’t yield anything meaningful… Source code (org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.el.JuelExpression#getValue(org.camunda.bpm.engine.delegate.VariableScope, org.camunda.bpm.engine.delegate.BaseDelegateExecution)) shows that neither org.camunda.bpm.engine.ProcessEngineException nor any of its parent classes are supplied with any information regarding execution context (such as a process/execution ID, etc.). MDC is empty (see contextMap above) and I don’t see any usages of slf4j’s MDC throughout camunda-bpm-platform project. Am I missing something here?

This feature should be available in the upcoming version 7.12. See this announcement: https://blog.camunda.com/post/2019/11/camunda-bpm-7120-alpha5-released

2 Likes

@fml2 great to know this, thanks.