Localhost refused to connect

Trying to start Modeler with http://localhost:8080/camunda-welcome/index.html

and I get this message ‘localhost refused to connect’.

Apparently Google Chrome and other browsers don’t allow ‘localhost’

Can anyone help? I can’t be the only one with this problem! I am just using the downloaded package.

I have read lots of articles and blogs on this but no solutions as yet

Nothing to technical please.

Regards,
George

Hi George,

your question is a little confusing. The URL you reference is appropriate for the Camunda engine which performs runtime process execution. The Camunda modeller is a differnt application which performs design time modelling. The modeller runs as an application, locally on your workstation and thus it it not accessed via a browser URL.

Hence please clarify, are you trying to access the modeller or the engine? Did you install the correct package?

regards

Rob

Thanks for clearing this up - I did ask this but never mind I wanted to download the modeller and obviously didn’t.
Running modeller now.
Thanks very much for the quick response.

Hi George,

No problem. BTW, given your interest is in the modeller, Cawemo may be of interest as it uses the same core, however requires no download or install…

regards

Rob

2 Likes

Thanks. Just finished my first model. I am using Process Mining to discover processes.

Can you import existing BPMN diagrams into the modeller?

Regards,

George

Hi George,

I wouldnt strictly call it import, however if your source can produce a BPMN based model using the BPMN XML schema, then Camunda modeller should be able to open the model…

regards

Rob

Thanks Rob,

I am in Sydney Australia. Where are you?

Regards,

George

Hi Rob,

having fun with the Modeler but time for rest.

I see what you mean about importing!

One more question - hopefully simple - can you bold the Task Names in Modeler?

Regards,

George