Loan-Approval App - Deployment does not work

Can someone help me please?

When deploying to Tomcat I can not see the application in the cockpit and when I access the URL of the application it receives the HTTP 404 error.

I’m using:

Apache Tomcat 7.0
Camunda Modeler 1.7.2
Eclipse Neon Release 4.6.0loan-approval.bpmn (2.9 KB)

Can you post up the model you’re trying to deploy?

Hi Niall

Here’s my model.

Thank youloan-approval.bpmn (2.9 KB)

Hi,

A few more details may help;

You indicate you are using Tomcat 7. Are you using a vanilla Tomcat distribution or an older Camunda packaged solution?

Reason: Deploying a war file to Tomcat is insufficient if there is no engine installed.

Is your application architecture based on a shared Camunda engine or an embedded engine?

Reason: As per above, where is the BPMN engine service coming from.

regards

Rob

P.S. @Niall - jumping in here to add some ‘follow the sun’ support :wink:

Hello

I’m using vanilla tomcat. As the tutorial I installed the war package Camunda Standalone Webapp.

I was understanding that the Camunda engine is in this package. Right?

Thank you

Hi,

Yes - the standalone web app contains an embedded rather than a shared engine. Hence if you package up your own process in a war file and deploy to tomcat, I don’t believe the embedded engine will be aware of your app (note Im a little unfamiliar with the embedded engine architecture). I assume you would have to add you process to the app and rebuild, and deploy it for your process to be included.

Hence my recommendation would be to download and install the pre-packaged full distribution. Thus if you deploy your war file, it will run in the context of a shared engine.

regards

Rob

Hi Webcyberrob!

Your suggestion to download and install the pre-packaged full distribution worked perfectly.

Thank you so much.