Line Colours in DMN

Hi all,

Is there a way to set any colour schemes in the modeler?

Some of our larger DMN diagrams are quite difficult to follow on screen (we have for example 36 inputs, and 8 outputs across ~70 rules). As you can imagine scrolling around you get lost.

If we were in Excel, we get by by fixing columns/headers and alternating row colours. I just wondered if there is a way to do this in the modeler?

Thanks
El Fal

Hi El Fal,

Thanks for sharing this topic with us.

We’re currently investigating potential improvements of DMN in general, and this could be a valuable addition. To make sure we do understand your suggestion right: is the coloring that you’re looking for a simple alternating of the table rows or would like to add a highlight color to individual rows that would be more important?

Best,
Volker

Hey Volker,

Great to hear! Suggestion would be to alternative the rows colours, so you can track across the inputs to the outputs/annotations.

Things like fixing the headings, maybe swapping the annotations to the start and zooming in and out may be useful also.

More than happy to assist in any trials.

Many thanks,
El Fal

Hi El Fal,

Thanks for the clarification. In that case, it should be fairly easy to implement.

As I said before, I have added the topic to our DMN topics to investigate. I might come back to your offer to discuss / test them, once we have something ready to discuss.

Best,
Volker

If it is about tracability of rows / columns I’d throw in sticky headers as a potential solution, too: https://github.com/bpmn-io/dmn-js/issues/269

1 Like