Labels on gateways should default to above

When a gateway is created the label appears below the symbol, but more often than not there is a sequence flow going through it - as i tend to add the following symbol below rather than above the gateway.

I’ve created a feature request for the modeler about this issue and it’s a good idea to see what other feedback there is about it. Thoughts?

3 Likes

:thumbsup: for that change.

I like the idea! Thanks Niall :+1:

Anyone have the same experience with DataStore References ?

1 Like

Was thinking… would be a interesting feature to have the label default to the top or bottom based on existing sequence flows. I find that I will often drag the sequence flows first, then add the label. So when you double click the element to add a label, if the modeler detected where there was no sequence flow, and moved the label to that position, that would be a nice QoL enhancement.

2 Likes

Agreed! That would be ideal

What about this:

1 Like

Looks nice! only fear is that you start to move stuff around on your BPMN and all your pre-placed labels get F****d from the auto-placement. Could be a setting we can toggle?

only fear is that you start to move stuff around on your BPMN and all your pre-placed labels get F****d from the auto-placement.

The label will only adjust if you create a new connection from or to the labeled shape.

Could be a setting we can toggle?

In my point of view, we should make avoid this toggleable thing. Either there is something that we agree on is in general beneficial and include it, or we leave stuff as it is.

This would make my life a little easier :wink:
Thanks

So if you are just moving things around (no new connections), the labels do not move?

Something i have seen on other apps is to have the undo action cover the label placement. So if you drag a new box but you do not want the label to be moved you can “undo” and it will only move the label to its previous position, but the line and element will still remain. If you “undo” again it would remove the element and line.

We’ll discuss the addition of this feature internally.

I appreciate your feedback guys :thumbsup:.