JSON problem when completing external task

I reproduced the error in postman with intercepted payload and URL :

But my JSON seems okay on JSON lint, and all returned vars exist in my process.

I’ve got this terminal output :
Caused by: javax.script.ScriptException: SyntaxError: Invalid JSON: :1:0 Expected json literal but found N
Not found
^ in at line number 2
at jdk.nashorn.api.scripting.NashornScriptEngine.throwAsScriptException(NashornScriptEngine.java:470)
at jdk.nashorn.api.scripting.NashornScriptEngine.evalImpl(NashornScriptEngine.java:454)
at jdk.nashorn.api.scripting.NashornScriptEngine.evalImpl(NashornScriptEngine.java:406)
at jdk.nashorn.api.scripting.NashornScriptEngine.evalImpl(NashornScriptEngine.java:402)
at jdk.nashorn.api.scripting.NashornScriptEngine.eval(NashornScriptEngine.java:155)
at javax.script.AbstractScriptEngine.eval(AbstractScriptEngine.java:233)
at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.scripting.SourceExecutableScript.evaluateScript(SourceExecutableScript.java:114)
… 196 more
Caused by: :2 SyntaxError: Invalid JSON: :1:0 Expected json literal but found N
Not found
^
at jdk.nashorn.internal.runtime.ECMAErrors.error(ECMAErrors.java:57)
at jdk.nashorn.internal.runtime.ECMAErrors.syntaxError(ECMAErrors.java:160)
at jdk.nashorn.internal.runtime.ECMAErrors.syntaxError(ECMAErrors.java:145)
at jdk.nashorn.internal.runtime.JSONFunctions.parse(JSONFunctions.java:81)
at jdk.nashorn.internal.objects.NativeJSON.parse(NativeJSON.java:119)
at jdk.nashorn.internal.scripts.Script$23$^eval_.:program(:2)
at jdk.nashorn.internal.runtime.ScriptFunctionData.invoke(ScriptFunctionData.java:637)
at jdk.nashorn.internal.runtime.ScriptFunction.invoke(ScriptFunction.java:494)
at jdk.nashorn.internal.runtime.ScriptRuntime.apply(ScriptRuntime.java:393)
at jdk.nashorn.api.scripting.NashornScriptEngine.evalImpl(NashornScriptEngine.java:449)
… 201 more
Caused by: jdk.nashorn.internal.runtime.ParserException: :1:0 Expected json literal but found N
Not found
^
at jdk.nashorn.internal.parser.JSONParser.error(JSONParser.java:529)
at jdk.nashorn.internal.parser.JSONParser.error(JSONParser.java:533)
at jdk.nashorn.internal.parser.JSONParser.expectedError(JSONParser.java:541)
at jdk.nashorn.internal.parser.JSONParser.parseLiteral(JSONParser.java:182)
at jdk.nashorn.internal.parser.JSONParser.parse(JSONParser.java:148)
at jdk.nashorn.internal.runtime.JSONFunctions.parse(JSONFunctions.java:79)
… 207 more

Any idea ? Thanks :slight_smile:

Hi @pvermeil,

I’m sorry but I can’t reproduce the problem. Please share your BPMN process and the body of the complete request.

Best regards,
Philipp

Hi

I’m upping this topic since I’m having the issue again and don’t remember how I solved it. This time I’ll tell it if anyone has this one. So here is my BPMN process. The execution is stuck at the eligibilityResult message task.

I start the process from my PHP app and then send a message containing ‘eligibilityResult’ and the business key, but I’m having the error message :

{
“code”: “ScriptEvaluationException”,
“message”: “Unable to evaluate script: SyntaxError: Invalid JSON: :1:0 Expected json literal but found <\n\n^ in at line number 2”,
“uuid”: “1e486bb059d1bf3f2af68351f4c6a37d”,
“status”: “CANCEL-RUNNING”
}

Check my BPMN. I’m using the procedural PHP SDK for my rest calls.cancelLaunch.bpmn (72.9 KB)

Thanks for reading

update : I intercepted the exact payload sent to the correlate message endpoint :
{“messageName”:“eligibilityResult”,“businessKey”:“cancellaunch-1506932065”}
But despite that the name matches with the task’s name and that the businessKey is correct as you see on the screenshot (and that the above JSON is valid), I keep having this weird message that implies HTML markups. Screen :

Hi @pvermeil,

can you please provide the complete stacktrace of the error?
Do you see any related incidents?

Best regards,
Philipp