java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/camunda/bpm/engine/delegate/DelegateExecution

Hi,

I have got a real weird problem. My process was working without problems. ((Camunda 7.10, Wildfly 16))After deleting some unused classes I ran now into the following problem:

09:59:36,056 ERROR [org.jboss.as.controller.management-operation] (Controller Boot Thread) WFLYCTL0013: Operation ("deploy") failed - address: ([("deployment" => "ofv2.war")]) - failure description: {"WFLYCTL0080: Failed services" => {"jboss.deployment.unit.\"ofv2.war\".POST_MODULE" => "WFLYSRV0153: Failed to process phase POST_MODULE of deployment \"ofv2.war\"
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: WFLYSRV0177: Error getting reflective information for class de.thm.mnd.ofv.businesslogic.thesiswkhtml.ThesisWKHtmlBusinessLogic with ClassLoader ModuleClassLoader for Module \"deployment.ofv2.war\" from Service Module Loader
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/camunda/bpm/engine/delegate/DelegateExecution
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.camunda.bpm.engine.delegate.DelegateExecution from [Module \"deployment.ofv2.war\" from Service Module Loader]"}}

I can´t really understand it because I changed nothing at my configuration.

The class ThesisWKBusinessLogic.java is here:
grafik

Any ideas?
Thanks a lot,
Nicole

Hi,

The Camunda Wildfly subsystem creates a bunch of implicit module dependencies for process applications (see https://github.com/camunda/camunda-bpm-platform/blob/2108cf15df5fb44729bc2658796b642a2de73e4a/distro/jbossas7/subsystem/src/main/java/org/camunda/bpm/container/impl/jboss/deployment/processor/ModuleDependencyProcessor.java). Maybe that is it and you now need to declare the dependencies explicitly.

Cheers,
Thorben

Hi,
thank you for you answer.

I´ll check this.
Nicole

I found the mistake. This entry was missing for my java ee application:

<dependency>
  <groupId>org.camunda.bpm.javaee</groupId>
  <artifactId>camunda-ejb-client</artifactId>
</dependency>
1 Like