Issue with dmn that i have used inside bpmn using business rule task isnt giving proper results

HI Team,

I have created a dmn and inserted into bpmn via business rule task, when I execute the process, the dmn step is getting processed and the flow is moving to next task. But, there is no result coming out of the dmn, I am unable to verify whether there is any error as nothing comes up in the logs as well.

PFA the java class, bpmn flow and dmn…
Can somebody please help…

Regards,
Bhavya

determinecasetype.txt (941 Bytes)
customSwiftFlow.bpmn (19.6 KB)
DetermineCaseType.dmn (1.7 KB)

Hi,

I suspect your variable in your decision table is called input. CaseType is a friendly label. Hence I would change ‘input’ to caseType and also change the expression from CaseType to use caseType.

regards

Rob

1 Like

I tried the above solution, but its still not working.I tried debugging using Fiddler, it shows there is no input passed to DMN nor there is any output from the DMN.

I am getting the below error
An error happend while submitting the task form :
Cannot submit task form 46280c83-1561-11e7-a876-a08cfd223435: condition expression returns non-Boolean: result has class java.lang.String and not java.lang.Boolean

Hi

I suspect this is not coming from your DMN table, the error suggests there is a condition somewhere which is not returning a boolean. Hence check your decision gates etc…

Rob

1 Like