Is there any way to get task list with process variables?

Hi,

We have a standalone camunda instance and a client api endpoint is connected with this instance via rest api calls. I can’t find any way to get task list and process variables together via rest calls. Getting task list first and then getting process variables for each task doesn’t works for me because there will be cases with thousands of tasks.This will cause too much burden on network. Our architectural team doesn’t want embedded camunda on our application so I have to handle this via rest calls.

Hi @alimercetin,

there is no rest call for this as it would just put all the load from the network to the database.

Usually there is no need to show thousands of tasks in a task list, as nobody starts working if he sees this huge pile of work to do. Just present them the 10 most important ones and the user would be happy. (BTW that’s how google search works. Have you ever read all 1000 results of your search?) This can be done with the paging parameters in the Rest API.

Another option is to provide a persistant task representation outside of the Camunda database (let’s call it a task database) that fulfills your search requirements and put the tasks with listeners into this database. The team from Holisticon provided an example here: https://github.com/holunda-io/camunda-bpm-taskpool.

Hope this helps, Ingo