Is it possible to send expression value to another process

Hello,

I’m trying to send value expression #{taskName} to another process with signal event. Everything works fine, when I put exact String value in the Extetions tab property value. But I need to use expression. Is it possible?

@BriBrs where is taskName variable existing? Are you using # because you want the deferred expression?

If the variable exists in the parent process then you should be able to just use: ${taskName} which will eval when the throw signal is executed and the eval’ed value will be sent to the task.

Side question: Why are you using Extension properties rather than Input Variables?

1 Like

@StephenOTT taskName variable exists in parent proces, it is set as output value of task “Create task”. I’m trying to use this value in children process as task “#{taskName}” name, because it should be dynamic.

1. when i’m using ${taskName} in Extension property, child process task name become “${taskName}”. I need that it would be the value of ${taskName}. For camunda properties i’m using this java code:

code.txt (1.2 KB)

1. When i’m using Input Variables, i get the error when Camunda tries to send signal to child proces “Unknown property used in expression: #{taskName}. Cause: Cannot resolve identifier ‘taskName’”. I set output value to parent task “Create task” and input to child task “#{taskName}”

I’m new at camunda and i tried lots of times, but i cannot find the best way how to pass variable from parent to child process in my situation.

Can you provide a smaple BPMN file that is fully configured to show your examples/use case and I will test on my side.