Is InformationItem of a Decision utilized by DMN-Engine?

Hi,

the spec says that the a Decision can have an InformationItem, which is a variable containing the output of the decision. Although I am not able to model the InformationItem using the Camunda Modeler, I can add its definition to the DMN’s XML representation whithout any exceptions or errors by the engine when deploying. Does the engine utilize this variable so that I can use it for example in process automation?

Regards
Patrick

Hi @HiTCHHiKeR_27,

currently, InformationItems are not supported by the DMN engine. They are ignored on evaluation.

What do you want to do with the InformationItem?

Best regards,
Philipp

Hi @Philipp_Ossler,

I heard about some tool developers, who read the DMN spec in a way, that if a decision with a decsion table has only one output cloumn, the result will be stored in the variable property (InformationItem) of that decision.

If I use required decisions, I will get the difficulty to use the output of a required decision as input of another one. In Camunda Modeler there are no problems, because I can name and typify any amount of outputs in a decision table.

Well, thank you for confirming the InformationsItems getting ignored. My request is resolved.

Kind regards,
Patrick