Interrupting event subprocess and resume parent process

Hi,
I’m trying to model a process like this:

There is a parent process and an interrupting event subprocess.
When the timer is triggered, I should interrupt any task in the parent process and I should execute “task 4” in the subprocess.
When “task 4” is completed, I should resume the task interrupted in the parent process.
For example:

• If the parent process is in “task 1” and the timer is triggered, I should interrupt “task 1”, execute “task 4” and then resume “task 1”;
  • If the parent process is in “task 2” and the timer is triggered, I should interrupt “task 2”, execute “task 4” and then resume “task 2”;
  • etc.

But when the interrupting event subprocess is completed the parent process does not resume.
Is there a way to resume the parent process after the interrupting event subprocess? Or maybe Should I use another BPMN element?

Thanks,
Marco

Hi marc,

what do you think about this solution?
https://www.cawemo.com/shares/2a4edbff-a610-40c8-a264-afec2d80db20

Cheers,
Tassilo

Hi Marc,

Did you finally find a working solution? I’m also looking for something similar, could you please share your ideas?

Thanks,
Kostas

Hi,
I found this solution:
When the timer is triggered, I set a flag. This flag is read from the GUI (angular) mapped to “task 1”, “task 2”, “task 3”. So, if I try to complete “task 1” and the flag is set, I receive an error from the GUI.
When “task 4” completes, I reset the flag.
I haven’t found other solutions.

Marco