If variable == true, skip all subsequent tasks until gate?

I am trying to figure out a way to end / complete subsequent tasks if a particular variable is assigned when one user completes a task.

The user story behind it is:

As a user, I want to trigger an instant revise scenario in the workflow. So that I don’t have to wait for other responses from users.
This is because I have failed the task, and I expect it to go back into revision before I review it again.
There is no point on other users reviewing it as I’ve failed it.

So the functionality I need is to complete all other tasks before that gate

At the moment I am looping through with a piece of javascript on my frontend, which has hardcoded values checking until all tasks have been done.
This obviously is a bad solution, so looking for better ways to do this?

Thanks

Hi,

Do you mean if the outcome of a particular user task is fail, you want to cancel the other user tasks and route the process somewhere else?

If thats the case, consider putting your three parallel user tasks in an inline subprocess so you have created a new scope. Put an interupting boundary event on the subprocess to catch a business exception. Thus this will cancel pending enclosed user tasks and route control somewhere else. If your user task has an option to fail via the user interface, then use a gateway test to test this condition. If failed, then throw the business exception, if not, continue to the join…

regards

Rob