I can't load any web application in http://localhost:8080/camunda-welcome/index.html

Hi to all users.

I 've been running locally the camunda-bpm-tomcat-7.7.0 free version for a long time ago and my new problem is that I can’t load any web application from the welcome page of the software.

I’ve uploaded 2 screenshots:

Has anyone got any idea why does this happens? :confused:
This issue occurs for 1st time to me.

Thanks,
Steve

Hi @steftriant,

Do you see any error or exceptions in server log?
It would be helpful to upload the file.

Best regards,
Yana

1 Like

Hi @yana.vasileva,

I suppose you mean the catalina.out log file of Apache Tomcat server.
I am going to check and upload it here tonight because I’m outside now.

Thank you very much,
Steve

Hi Steve,

Yes, I meant catalina log file in case of Tomcat.

Best regards,

Yana

Hi again @yana.vasileva,

I executed again the script file (start-camunda.bat), the application server (apache-tomcat-8.0.24) was started, the welcome screen of Camunda was opened in my web browser (Google Chrome) but unfortunately, the issue with the loading of any web application (Admin, Cockpit, Tasklist, Welcome) still remains.
I also checked the newest log file in my server (catalina.2018-03-26.log), I searched for any errors and exceptions, but I didn’t find something. :confused:

My newest log file: catalina.2018-03-26.log (23.6 KB)

Please let me know if you find something. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you very much,
Steve

Hi Steve,

Sorry for the late reply.
Does the issue still persist? If yes, could check for errors in the browser.

Best regards,
Yana

Hi @yana.vasileva.

Never mind.
I decided to download the last release of Community Platform and thus I am able to load the web apps. :slightly_smiling_face:

I didn’t manage to find what was the cause for that problem. :confused:
Whenever I try to search for possible errors in my browser console (Google Chrome) by pressing F12, I see nothing.

Is there any other way to check for that?

Thank you,
Steve

Hi @steftriant, we can’t reproduce the issue and it’s hard to know what went wrong without any console logs. Can you try to clear your browser cache and try this url:
http://localhost:8080/camunda/app/cockpit/default/#/login” (which is the same url like in the screenshot you provided but with login appended at the end)

Hi @siffogh.

Sorry for my late reply and thanks for your interest.
As I mentioned in my last post here, I decided to download the latest release of Community Platform and after that, I can normally load all the web apps from my Camunda Welcome page.
Nevertheless, I tried your attached url here but it doesn’t make any sense since I am running a different release now. :wink:

Cheers,
Steve

Hi @steftriant, no worries. I’m glad you managed to solve your issue.

1 Like

To be honest @siffogh, I didn’t manage to solve my previous issue here but I didn’t have any other way to get around that problem :wink:

Best regards,
Steve

Hi community!
I am new to Camunda and I am also not able to access the url: http://localhost:8080/camunda-welcome/index.html, and hence the web apps supplied by these. Please help me resolve the issue.
Thanks!

If you downloaded the last release of the Community Platform, will you please share the url here so that I can also download that? Might be my issue gets resolved!

Thanks!

Hi @Hassan_Ali and welcome to this forum!

Your issue seems to be a bit different in comparison to my referenced issue (here) on the grounds that you can’t access the Camunda Welcome page at all.

If this is true, can you check if your application server (e.x. Apache Tomcat) starts up on executing the respective startup file ?
If not, there might be a different problem than here.

Best Regards,
Steve

1 Like

Actually after downloading and unzipping camunda files, I run start-camunda.bat file. Now there are two cases:

1. If I run start-camunda.bat in Administrator mode, the Window throws error saying: Windows can’t find the file,
  2. If I run this batch file without Administrator mode, the Console appears and MS Edge window opens. But when it goes to the url: http://localhost:8080/camunda-welcome/index.html, the page does not load properly and says: Can’t reach the page.
    Will someone help me to fix or detect the issue?

Thanks!

Thanks for sharing the download link here!

1 Like

Hi @Hassan_Ali.

As far as your 1st case is concerned, to be honest, I have no any idea as I’m not aware of the user’s modes in Windows and I haven’t seen this Windows message before.

As far as your 2nd case is concerned, could you check out Tomcat logs if there is an error?

You could also take a look at a similar post here:

Best Regards,
Steve

Hi! I have downloaded Camunda installation folder named ‘camunda-bpm-tomcat-7.12.0’, unzipped it and run ‘start-camunda.bat’. Now there are two cases:

1. If I run this batch as Administrator, it throws error:
  2. If I run it without as Administrator, it opens MS Edge and tries to navigate to url:
    http://localhost:8080/camunda-welcome/index.html, but could not access the welcome page and hence the Camunda web apps as shown in the attached snap:
    . Please help me fix out the issue. I have downloaded the Community Platform.

Thanks for the help!

Do you have Java installed?
Have you abstracted the files to the c:\ or what ever your local disk is?