How to Save form variables without completing the user task

In User Task, we will see two button save and complete in the form.

Complete or Submit-Form will save the form variables and moves to the next workflow accordingly.

But, How can I save data (only form variables) (i.e., save button) using Camunda REST APIs ?

Please suggest.

Hi @jvm,

the Save button saves the form in the local browser cache.

To send it to the engine you may use this call: https://docs.camunda.org/manual/latest/reference/rest/process-instance/variables/post-variables/

Hope this helps, Ingo

Hi @Ingo_Richtsmeier ,
to Submit-Form from(HTML form) a user task without jumping next task so that I can submit form with different new values what will be the solution not using Camunda REST ?

Hi @Eklas_Rh,

From my understanding of your question, you want to save the changes in the form, but not complete it.

In the Camunda Tasklist you have the save button for this use case.

If you use a custom tasklist, you implement the same and save the values in the browser cache.

But what do you mean with

Could you please elaborate this?

Cheers, Ingo

Hi @Ingo_Richtsmeier

In this form if I add a button “Register more proposal” for adding more proposal from a single form. If i click “Register more proposal” button previous fields value will save and this form will be available to take another proposal. After adding one or more proposal and I click complete button at that that time my process will be shifted next task. So, how will I do that?

Hi @Eklas_Rh,

this can be done with the wide area of AngularJS Javascript development. I’m not an expert in this area, but this is a starting point: Javascript | docs.camunda.org

Hope this helps, Ingo