How to prevent task from being deleted on a new deploy

Hello,

I have a question for throws with some more experience with camunda.
I have made a deployed a simple BPMN process but when I make changes on this process and make a new deploy some of the other tasks are being deleted.
Knows someone how can I prevent this? I would like to have backward compatibility if is possible.

Thank you.

@AdrianAioanei tasks won’t be deleted, in cockpit you can see the tasks created in previous deployments by choosing version

Dropdown will appear for Version if you’ve deployed multiple versions of same definition.

How exactly are you deploying new processes and what does your setup look like?
Camunda version, application service etc.

Hello @Niall
For deployment I have a script that copys the new created war file in the Tomcat server folder.
The camunda version is 3.1.0.
So the backend is in java and I have just some forms (user tasks) and some service Tasks

That isn’t the correct version - it’ll be something like 7.x.0

Did you check what @aravindhrs mentioned? that after you deploy the version in cockpit should be incremented.
If that isn’t happening can you confirm that the previous version is being deleted?

1 Like

Yes, the version is incremented.
But I think until now I have deployed about 100 versions (new war files). This number shouldn’t be bigger?

@AdrianAioanei if you’ve enabled any of these properites enableDuplicateFiltering=true or deployChangedOnly=true , it won’t increment the version and it won’t allow deploying new versions. If you try also, it will return version of previous deployment. Try making changes to your bpmn every time and deploy, then check whether new versions are getting deployed.

@aravindhrs where can I set this flags? My bpmn file si inside my war file.
Can I edit this from the bmpn xml file?

this flag you can set in the processes.xml

you can this flag if you’re deploying bpmn via REST api

Hi @aravindhrs

In my case I am just copying a war inside tomcat folder. I am not using REST API to deploy my BPMN. From what I know the REST API is available for enterprise and i am using community version.
Is there a way to set this flags for community version, and if yes what are the endpoints? Or maybe you can give me some reference to read about this.
Thank you