How to model resource-based manufacturing process

Hey everybody!

I am trying to model a manufacturing process for a certain product. The tasks in the process are UserTasks and its purpose it mainly to track time of the single Tasks.

Most of the Tasks in the process are resource based, so they consume a certain amount of resources and produce new ones.

So for example a task T1 consumes 10 units of resource R1 and from that produces units of resource R2. The amount of R2 produced in T1 is depended on how may the assignee will make and will be input in a form in the UserTask. If a certain amount of R2 is then available, a new task T2 should be available, to consume units of R2 and produce new resources.

Now I am not sure how to model this in BPMN. If I just model the tasks in sequence they appear multiple times.
What I want is that a task will just appear if enough of its input resources are available. Does anybody has any idea how one could model this?

Best,
Salabasti

1 Like

I would like to know how to model Resources in the Camunda Modeler, too.

Specifically, if there is an external Resource (like available compute, or total licenses) which can be queried via an External Task.