How to install cockpit plugins in Camunda-Run?

Hello,

Again, I feel like I am just using the wrong search terms, but I cannot figure it out by myself:

How do I create a docker image with cockpit plugins based on camunda-bpm-platform:run-7.14.0 ?

With tomcat, I only need to copy javascripts in to a specific folder but I don’t manage to find the right folder in the run-distribution.

Regards,
Markus

Hey @Noordsestern,

I see you liked the following post already, does it solve your issue?

Best,
Tobias

Hi @tmetzke ,

Yes, I don’t understand it though. What is the webjar for? And where do I get it? Shouldn’t it be in the image already?

Also, the cockpit plugins are not part of my local repository, but I downlad them with wget. Which is not working either, because the /camunda/META-INF/resources/webjars/camunda/app/cockpit/scripts/ does not seem to exist in the run-image.

I feel like being on the wrong track. Is there an installation guide for cockpit plugins?

Regards,
Markus

Hey @Noordsestern,

sorry for the late response.

Yes, the webjar is already part of the image and is a specific part of the internal Camunda webapps.
The script unpacks the webjar from the internal libraries of the run image into its META-INF folder again and then adds the cockpit plugins on top there.

The mentioned folder is not existing in the image, that is correct. You would have to create that before adding the Cockpit plugins via wget in the script. In the workaround script, the copy command is taking care of that.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Tobias

1 Like