How to escape double quote

I’m trying to put a string contains a double quote in the output (default output expression language is FEEL), and I tried to use \ to escape the "
For example:

<outputEntry id="LiteralExpression_0kvuate">
      <text>"\""</text>
</outputEntry>

However, I got exception when evaluating the decision.

Caused by: org.camunda.bpm.dmn.feel.impl.FeelException: FEEL/SCALA-01008 Error while evaluating expression: failed to parse expression '"\""': [1.4] failure: end of input expected

"\""
   ^
	at org.camunda.bpm.dmn.feel.impl.scala.ScalaFeelLogger.evaluationException(ScalaFeelLogger.java:77)
	at org.camunda.bpm.dmn.feel.impl.scala.ScalaFeelEngine.evaluateSimpleExpression(ScalaFeelEngine.java:82)
	at org.camunda.bpm.dmn.engine.impl.evaluation.ExpressionEvaluationHandler.evaluateFeelSimpleExpression(ExpressionEvaluationHandler.java:130)
	at org.camunda.bpm.dmn.engine.impl.evaluation.ExpressionEvaluationHandler.evaluateExpression(ExpressionEvaluationHandler.java:59)
	at org.camunda.bpm.dmn.engine.impl.evaluation.DecisionTableEvaluationHandler.evaluateOutputEntry(DecisionTableEvaluationHandler.java:240)
	at org.camunda.bpm.dmn.engine.impl.evaluation.DecisionTableEvaluationHandler.evaluateOutputEntries(DecisionTableEvaluationHandler.java:220)
	at org.camunda.bpm.dmn.engine.impl.evaluation.DecisionTableEvaluationHandler.evaluateMatchingRule(DecisionTableEvaluationHandler.java:162)
	at org.camunda.bpm.dmn.engine.impl.evaluation.DecisionTableEvaluationHandler.setEvaluationOutput(DecisionTableEvaluationHandler.java:154)
	at org.camunda.bpm.dmn.engine.impl.evaluation.DecisionTableEvaluationHandler.evaluateDecisionTable(DecisionTableEvaluationHandler.java:114)
	at org.camunda.bpm.dmn.engine.impl.evaluation.DecisionTableEvaluationHandler.evaluate(DecisionTableEvaluationHandler.java:81)
	at org.camunda.bpm.dmn.engine.impl.DefaultDmnDecisionContext.evaluateDecision(DefaultDmnDecisionContext.java:85)
	at org.camunda.bpm.dmn.engine.impl.DefaultDmnEngine.evaluateDecision(DefaultDmnEngine.java:167)
	at org.camunda.bpm.dmn.engine.impl.DefaultDmnEngine.evaluateDecision(DefaultDmnEngine.java:158)
4 Likes

i have the same question. Could anything help to answer?

Which version do you use?

Please try with the latest 7.16 release.

can you kindly specify which syntax to use? Also, is Camunda DMN-Simulator using the latest version?

Please have a look at the docs: Data Types | FEEL-Scala