Hello team (@Niall and @jonathan.lukas )
Such a great post, thank you in advance for your proper reply.
We have found the post according to our requirement. Actually, we need a module for sending any kind of message to the
External Task) and it seems we could prepare it according to your suggestion ( use Rest API for
we have developed another method related to sending status variables.
It’s our pleasure if we could prepare this method too (if you think its necessary for
External Task Client)
The module could be like the below code (in
* Send Message
* @param message which message string that you need to send to engine
* @param correlationKeys indicates the master keys for correlation.
* @param processVariables provides related variables to the process.
* @param all specifies which params should be send (all or not).
* @throws NotFoundException if the task has been canceled and therefore does not exist anymore
* @throws NotAcquiredException if the task's most recent lock could not be acquired
* @throws ConnectionLostException if the connection could not be established
* @throws ValueMapperException
* <li> if an object cannot be serialized
* <li> if no 'objectTypeName' is provided for non-null value
* <li> if value is of type abstract
* <li> if no suitable serializer could be found
void sendMessage(ExternalTask externalTask, String message, VariableMap correlationKeys, VariableMap processVariables, Boolean all);
Let me know your feedback and suggestion.