How to define a correlation key in Message Intermediate Catching Event

From Camunda Modeler, a Message Intermediate Catching Event only can define a message name. How I can define the correlation key associated with this message too? So I can use REST API to only send message to this Message Intermediate Catching Event with the correlation key.

Camunda document mentioned can use runtimeService. But I do not know how to use it in Camunda Modeler.

Thanks

Steven

You only need to add the message name in design time.
In runtime when you start the process you can give it variables or a business key that can then be used to correlate the message.

Hello Niall,

I have come across the same problem. Could you elaborate on how to specify a correlation key in a process instance upon its start? I cannot see it anywhere in the documentation.

A code snippet would do.

Thank you in advance,
Andrey.

I figured it out. To publish a message, one must call:

POST /message

specifying a message name in the body, a business key, and a process instance ID. The last two parameters are optional. Open questions are: a) is there a way to specify TTL for a message, like in Zeebe? b) if a process instance ID is omitted, will the message be delivered to all process instances (even originated from a different process definition)?

1 Like