How to change id and password for Camunda BPM run? "Default.yml" file does not exist

Hello all,

I have downloaded the Camunda BPM run open source platform in a Tomcat edition.

What I am trying to do is to change the id and the password for the access.

Being more specific, following some videos on Niall’s tutorials on Youtube, I need to find a file with name “default.yml” and change the credentials. In my tomcat edition, this file does not exist.

The file looks like this:

If you could help me on that, I would appreciate it.

Cheers,
Nikos.

This is a little confusing. There are 2 distributions you could be talking about.
Camunda BPM Run
Camunda Tomcat

Can you explain which link you downloaded?
If you’ve downloaded the tomcat version you won’t be able to find that file as it doesn’t exist.

Hey Niall,

I m talikng about Camunda Tomcat distribution.

So, there is no any option to change the demo-demo credentials for admin-user?

You can indeed -
Just not using the yaml file that is used by Camunda BPM Run.

The demo user and other demo data in the tomcat distro is create when you startup the engine with the demo invoice process in the webapps folder.

You need to delete the invoice process from the webapps folder then you can create a new admin user and delete the demo one.

1 Like

Thanks Niall, but how do you indeed “create a new admin user”?

I would like to set this up from the Dockerfile. So I would delete the webapps/camunda-invoice folder, and then I am stuck to create the user.

Thanks for your help!

@Niall As per the user comment, one year ago, is it possible to change before using it (demo demo user) in docker image?

Yes it is, take a look at the configuration docs

Thank you for the provided info.
For other people that are searching a possible solution for this, i’ve found this docker command:
docker run -d --name camunda -p 8080:8080 -v /tmp/empty:/camunda/webapps/camunda-invoice camunda/camunda-bpm-platform:latest

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your solution @CamundaNewbie