How to add new output column using DMN file(XML)?

Hello !!! How to add additional output column using dmn file (xml) after the first deployment.?

You can add the column in the modeler and then re-deploy the model.

Yes Im able to add output column using modeler. But, based on my requirements, I need to add column using dmn file(xml) from my microservice. is it possible ?

I’m not sure i fully understand your requirement, what’s wrong with adding the column and re-deploying to your microservice?

Actually im generating the dmn file(xml with dynamic output and output entry) from my microservice and post into the camunda dynamically as per the requirements. While adding the additional column using dmn im facing issue.

Would you please paste the error what you are getting.

Caused by: org.camunda.bpm.dmn.engine.impl.transform.DmnTransformException: DMN-02016 Error while transforming decision requirements graph: DMN-02006 The number of outputs ‘6’ and output entries differ ‘5’ for rule ‘DmnDecisionTableRuleImpl{id=‘DecisionRule_505762’, name=‘null’, conditions=[DmnExpressionImpl{id=‘UnaryTests_995331’, name=‘null’, typeDefinition=null, expressionLanguage=‘null’, expression=’“home”’}, DmnExpressionImpl{id=‘UnaryTests_614106’, name=‘null’, typeDefinition=null, expressionLanguage=‘null’, expression=’“Test”’}], conclusions=[]}’.
at org.camunda.bpm.dmn.engine.impl.transform.DmnTransformLogger.errorWhileTransformingDefinitions(DmnTransformLogger.java:152)
at org.camunda.bpm.dmn.engine.impl.transform.DefaultDmnTransform.transformDecisionRequirementsGraph(DefaultDmnTransform.java:142)
at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.dmn.deployer.DecisionRequirementsDefinitionDeployer.transformDefinitions(DecisionRequirementsDefinitionDeployer.java:62)
… 74 more

It looks like you are updating the DMN model and deploying it and it’s causing the error. I would recommend to retrieve the deployed the model and update it.

Here is the code snippet how to access the deployed DMN model.