How design interrupting some task/event gateway etc. by user

I consider how I should model interrupting some task/event gateway etc. by user. For example I have event gateway with 4 events (3 message and one timer). But I want interrupting waiting for these events if user decide to not waiting. I think, I should one more event (event gateway with 5 events), but what is this event and how it will be throw ?

Similar case is when i don’t have event gateway, but i have some activity (other then user), but i want interrupt it (boundary event?) when user decide to do it.

I think it is standard case i workflow system, but i have not idea how simple model it - all my ideas are quite complicated.

Hi,

An initial process diagram is required to get some context on your problem :slight_smile:

Conor.

1 Like

I upload case which i described. I look for something less complicated then my diagram.

Really no one has similar case ? I’ve thought that is quite common case…
I think how avoid AND gate, and much interrupting events…but i have no idea how do it

Hey @Radoslaw_Twardy,

It is hard to see what you try to achieve. This way your model won’t work, because you are waiting for the same message at the same time at two points. You will have a correlation Problem here.

How can the user decide to interrupt the process? Maybe you could model a 4th message that says (user interruption) Could be a message that will be sent to the engine as soon as the user decides to click on a button or something…

Please give some more details about the process, than we can help you.

It is hard to see what you try to achieve. This way your model won’t work, because you are waiting for the same message at the same time at two points. You will have a correlation Problem here.

Yes, you’re right. I know that this model will not work. I only attach this diagram to show what i want achieve.

How can the user decide to interrupt the process?

User can decide about it in user task. He press some button .

Maybe you could model a 4th message

But it’s same pool, so i can’t use messages.

Could be a message that will be sent to the engine as soon as the user decides to click on a button or something

I think it can’t be a message. But even I use for. example. condition event “is user press button” i have problem to interrupt user task when some other events (messages/timer on attached diagram) occured.

Hey @Radoslaw_Twardy,

you can use a 4th message. The pool in your model is the pool of the engine and not the pool of the user. I attached it as an example with the collapsed pool of the user. If you use a user task it is a synchrone communication between the engine and the user (red message flows) and if you use a message you have an asynchrone communication (blue message flow).

So you just need to make sure if the user presses a cancle button it will trigger a REST Call to the engine like this

example.bpmn (11.1 KB)

1 Like