How can I add a new rest-engine to my company's tomcat7 server?

I am using camunda to manage the smaller business flows of my company , but , when I try to move camunda to QA environment from dev , it keeps on saying “Login Failed :Process engine with name default does not exist” .

Is there a war file , that I can just deploy ( or do I have to do some configurations ) ?

Hi @Arsh_Baghel

what do you mean with:

Has the QA environment another configuration? You could check in the bpm-platform.xml (apache-tomcat-8.0.47\conf) what the name of the process engine is.

Do you get some exceptions in the log file?
Do you have the engine-rest folder in the tomcat webapps (apache-tomcat-8.0.47\webapps) folder?

Cheers
kristin

Hi @kristin,
My company has a tomcat7 server running on QA stage , they want to move camunda to QA .
My dev environment ( it has a pre-configured server with camunda , there is a different server running Camunda).
But , my company wants to use camunda as an application that can run on the company’s apache-tomcat7 (along with other applications ).

Do you have the engine-rest folder in the tomcat webapps (apache-tomcat-8.0.47\webapps) folder?
Answering your question , there is no trace of camunda on our QA server .

hi @kristin ,
What would be the procedure to embed camunda( camunda-webapp and rest-engine and h2 ) in our currently running tomcat7 server ?

Hi @kristin,

please look in our documentation. There, you can find an explanation how you can manually install camunda on a tomcat.
See: https://docs.camunda.org/manual/7.8/installation/full/tomcat/manual/

Cheers
kristin

Hi @kristin ,
Would this document help me set-up the “engine-rest” application in my tomcat-server also ??

Yes, please see https://docs.camunda.org/manual/7.8/installation/full/tomcat/manual/#rest-api

Hi @kristin ,
The document talks about installing camunda on “tomcat8” , can these steps be followed for tomcat7-server also ?

I think, it should be the same. Since camunda 7.4, we are using Tomcat 8.

Cheers
kristin