History error on start up

I am getting this error when i start my tomcat server . Is it safe to update the ACT_GE_PROPERTY table and update the history level as 3 ?
or any other way to update this value as 2 in WAR distribution of camunda ?

Caused by: org.camunda.bpm.engine.ProcessEngineException: ENGINE-08043 Exception while performing ‘deploy BPM platform’ => ‘Start process engine default’: historyLevel mismatch: configuration says HistoryLevelFull(name=full, id=3) and database says HistoryLevelAudit(name=audit, id=2)
at org.camunda.bpm.container.impl.ContainerIntegrationLogger.exceptionWhilePerformingOperationStep(ContainerIntegrationLogger.java:316)
at org.camunda.bpm.container.impl.spi.DeploymentOperation.execute(DeploymentOperation.java:136)
at org.camunda.bpm.container.impl.jmx.MBeanServiceContainer.executeDeploymentOperation(MBeanServiceContainer.java:160)
at org.camunda.bpm.container.impl.spi.DeploymentOperation$DeploymentOperationBuilder.execute(DeploymentOperation.java:216)
at org.camunda.bpm.container.impl.tomcat.TomcatBpmPlatformBootstrap.deployBpmPlatform(TomcatBpmPlatformBootstrap.java:83)
at org.camunda.bpm.container.impl.tomcat.TomcatBpmPlatformBootstrap.lifecycleEvent(TomcatBpmPlatformBootstrap.java:61)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleBase.java:123)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.setStateInternal(LifecycleBase.java:423)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.setState(LifecycleBase.java:366)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.startInternal(StandardServer.java:925)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:183)
… 7 more
Caused by: org.camunda.bpm.engine.ProcessEngineException: historyLevel mismatch: configuration says HistoryLevelFull(name=full, id=3) and database says HistoryLevelAudit(name=audit, id=2)
at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.HistoryLevelSetupCommand.execute(HistoryLevelSetupCommand.java:57)
at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.HistoryLevelSetupCommand.execute(HistoryLevelSetupCommand.java:31)
at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.interceptor.CommandExecutorImpl.execute(CommandExecutorImpl.java:28)
at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.interceptor.CommandContextInterceptor.execute(CommandContextInterceptor.java:107)
at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.interceptor.ProcessApplicationContextInterceptor.execute(ProcessApplicationContextInterceptor.java:70)
at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.interceptor.LogInterceptor.execute(LogInterceptor.java:33)
at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.ProcessEngineImpl.executeSchemaOperations(ProcessEngineImpl.java:121)
at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.ProcessEngineImpl.(ProcessEngineImpl.java:93)
at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.cfg.ProcessEngineConfigurationImpl.buildProcessEngine(ProcessEngineConfigurationImpl.java:798)
at org.camunda.bpm.container.impl.jmx.services.JmxManagedProcessEngineController.start(JmxManagedProcessEngineController.java:38)
at org.camunda.bpm.container.impl.jmx.MBeanServiceContainer.startService(MBeanServiceContainer.java:77)
at org.camunda.bpm.container.impl.jmx.MBeanServiceContainer.startService(MBeanServiceContainer.java:63)
at org.camunda.bpm.container.impl.deployment.StartProcessEngineStep.performOperationStep(StartProcessEngineStep.java:116)
at org.camunda.bpm.container.impl.spi.DeploymentOperation.execute(DeploymentOperation.java:120)
… 16 more

What exactly are you trying to achieve?

Hi @Niall,
currently we are having our Spring web app , where we are using Camunda jars to create and manage the workflows. We are having our own GUI for the same. We are exploring to use the Camunda portal (WAR) to have task management , cockpit etc . So I downloaded the zip version from your portal , configured my current Camunda data base their and trying to start the tomcat using start-camunda.bat.
this time , i am getting this error.

So, what did you change from the original distro before starting it?

@Niall
Nothing, only updated the data source from H2 to DB2 in tomcat server.xml file , I am thinking , now Camunda portal should show all my current tasks from DB to portal …is that correct understanding ?

downloaded the community version from here : https://camunda.com/download/

Was there already data in the DB2 database or did you create the table from scratch?

@Niall
we are having data in DB2 database .

We used the SQL scripts to create all the tables when we started our camunda web app project . Currently it is having our all workflow data like bpmn file, tasks etc .

Did the scripts your ran watch the version of Camunda you’re running against it?

@Niall
yes, we used 7.11.0 version last year to run the sqls and now i am trying the same zip file to run the tomcat server.

Have you checked how the history is defined in the the bpm-platform.xml file
https://docs.camunda.org/manual/latest/installation/full/tomcat/manual/#add-bpm-platform-xml

@Niall
I didn’t check this yet. Let me go through this document and come back with my queries if any .
thx for your help .

@Niall
I do see this file in tomcat/conf folder already . I tried to add this historyLevel property there to match as what we have in our DB but that also didn’t work .

I thing I noticed, in our java program, we are creating the SpringProcessEngineConfiguration and here in this file what comes with bundled one is StandaloneProcessEngineConfiguration .
will that make any difference in our migration or to these data values ?

@Niall
i got it working by changing History from full (3) to audit(2). Now server is coming up fine .

In logs, i see, one jar missing error :
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\abc\Camunda\server\apache-tomcat-9.0.19\lib\pdq.jar (The system cannot find the file specified)