Hello, how to get ProcessId from the model?

Hi @gogo

Haven’t tested it in detail, but it should work like this:

Process process = bpmnModelInstance.getModelElementsByType(Process.class).stream()
        .filter(Process::isExecutable)
        .findFirst()
        .orElseThrow(() -> new IllegalArgumentException("No executable process found"));

String id = process.getId();
1 Like

resolved, thank you very much, but after I deployed the old BPMN, it did not iterate over the old version. I looked at the definition key and found the same value. How to iterate to the old version.

The first screenshot has a tenant, the second does not. Therefore it is not the “same” process. Further deployments without the tenant “demo” should be selectable under Definition Versions in the upper left corner.

@gogo More than one way you can achieve it.

Query for the deployed process definitions as described in this page:

Java API to query from deployed process definition:

ProcessDefinition processDefinition = repositoryService.createProcessDefinitionQuery()
        .versionTag("orderProcess_New").processDefinitionVersion(1).singleResult();

processDefinition.getKey();

Read the deployed model using repository service:

BpmnModelInstance bpmnModelInstance = repositoryService.getBpmnModelInstance("processDefinitionId");

After getting BpmnModelInstance, refer the below page to extract the elements:

1 Like

OK, thank you very much

1 Like

This is what I need. Thank you very much.

1 Like

Munich time. Good morning, Mr. Dominic. H

ow to dynamically modify ProcessId, name, isexecutable and description in BPMN modelinstance

Hi @gogo,

By description you mean the documentation or?
You should then use the new model string for deployment.

Process process = bpmnModelInstance.getModelElementsByType(Process.class).stream()
            .filter(Process::isExecutable)
            .findFirst()
            .orElseThrow(() -> new IllegalArgumentException("No executable Process found"));

process.setId("myId");
    process.setName("MyNewName");
    process.setExecutable(false);

//Documentation
    process.getDocumentations().clear();
    Documentation doc = bpmnModelInstance.newInstance(Documentation.class);
    doc.setTextContent("My Docs");
    process.getDocumentations().add(doc);

String modelString = Bpmn.convertToString(bpmnModelInstance);

I don’t know where to define process description. Where can I define it in process?

It is the documentation I mentioned above :slight_smile:

Sorry, I don’t understand. I look up the table in the database ACT_ GE_ PROPERTY,ACT_ RE_ PROCDEF。 No description related fields were found. I’m confused. When creating a new process definition, where is the description defined.

Hi @gogo

I think this is not persisted in the database, but read from the diagram. If you set it as documentation property in the process, it will be returned as description.

Good morning Mr. dominikh. When I want to make an inquiry, there is a tenant permission limit. How can I define it according to the tenant query process-definition.