Getting task with id not found with User task

I have a Camunda setup based of a Spring boot application. I did a POC with H2 embedded DB and everything worked fine but when I am trying to implement it in Prod with MySql DB i am getting an error for even simplest of the simplest workflow.

The error I am getting as below
ENGINE-16004 Exception while closing command context: Cannot find task with id aba5a76e-d907-11ea-9a4c-fab1727ed333: task is null
org.camunda.bpm.engine.exception.NullValueException: Cannot find task with id aba5a76e-d907-11ea-9a4c-fab1727ed333: task is null

This was not an issue with embedded db though. This is coming from a very simple workflow with only start → usertask → end

All the above tasks is set to be Async after and is being triggered of a Message start event from Camunda REST API.

Things i observe is that the workflow still seems to progress fine but this error is really something I am not able to understand. What could be the reason for this error?

I have tested the exact same workflow on embedded H2 database and it works perfectly fine with no error at all. Can it be something to do with MySQL DB.

One thing which i found out digging into the document that MySQL DB isolation level should be set to READ_COMMITTED whereas i can see my DB is set to REPEATABLE_READ. Can this be a cause of this unusual behavior.

@shreza refer this post regarding MySQL isolation level for Camunda.