Getting error while deploying the model to Camunda hosted on PCF

Hello All -

I am getting the below error while deploying the bpmn file to Camunda instance hosted on PCF(on-prem). It looks like a certificate issue and I will have to work on the certs related issue on my own, but, I am also looking to see if someone else got the same error too and if so how did you fix it.

Deploy error: {“code”:“UNABLE_TO_VERIFY_LEAF_SIGNATURE”,“deploymentName”:“demo”,“errno”:“UNABLE_TO_VERIFY_LEAF_SIGNATURE”,“message”:“request to https://apps.system..*****.**********.int/engine-rest/deployment/create failed, reason: unable to verify the first certificate”,“type”:“system”} [deploy-error]

Thanks in advance
Dheeraj.

Hello Dheeraj,

I’ve ran into the same issue. Proper solution would be to get Camunda Modeler to trust your server side certificate but I didn’t find any solution for that.

What I found as a workaround instead is that you can get Camunda Modeler to trust any certification (i.e. disable SSL certificate validation). To do that you need to set the following system property:

NODE_TLS_REJECT_UNAUTHORIZED=0

You can create a script file on windows with:

set NODE_TLS_REJECT_UNAUTHORIZED=0 (export NODE_TLS_REJECT_UNAUTHORIZED=0 on linux)
“Camunda Modeler.exe”

And save it where you “Camunda Modeler.exe” is.

Running the script should do the trick.

Michal

Thank you Michal. We will try this solution and see how it goes.