Getting "custom" form into docker version

Hi,

I have discovered Comunda last week and it’s really awesome. I have modeled my flow pretty fast and saved a ton of time. I’m trying to do form in User Task with options populated from data that comes in json. [{id:123, name: 'option A"}, {id:2, name: “option B”}]. I am using all in one docker Camunda version 7.9.

That part of the flow looks like:

• process is initialized
  • fetch list of users from external service. That data comes as json.
  • user should be able to select options in the form from Cockpit options available should be “b”, “c”.

From what I understand I have to create custom form (oh… I really wish I could avoid this). docs index | camunda BPM docs, is it so? It there any plugin for this kind of forms. If I have to do it, what would be a good tutorial for it.

Second question is how can I add such a form into docker version? AFAIU i will have to do some sort of docker cp but what would be artifact, could I just copy my JSF form to specific place and be done?

Hi @camunda_sailor,

the docs your are referencing is from the initial Camunda version 7.0. A lot has been improved since these days. have a look ate the embedded forms in the current version: https://docs.camunda.org/manual/7.9/user-guide/task-forms/

Cheers, Ingo

Thanks. Mission accomplished!

I have created hello.html file under /camunda/webapps/forms/hello.html in docker container and form shows up and I can select option in form populated from variable.

client.subscribe(‘print_variable’, async function ({task, taskService}) {
const variables = new Variables();
let groups = task.variables.get(“groups”);
logger.info("Print groups " + JSON.stringify(groups));
logger.info("selected group = " + task.variables.get(“group”));
await taskService.complete(task, variables);
});