Forms Memory Leak

Hi,

I am experiencing what seems to be a memory leak in a form deployed on the tasklist app (Camunda 7.5.0). If I let the browser opened overnight with the form selected the memory consumption of that particular tab grows from 40MB at first to 2GB (as reported on FF by the Tab Memory Usage plugin). Upon F5 the memory turns back to normal.

The leaking form is not that complicated or large but it uses some angular services like ‘$http’, ‘moment’, ‘Uri’, ‘Notifications’. On very simple forms I don’t see the leaking behavior.

I was wondering if somebody else has seen this happening and if there is any advice about tackling this problem.

BR

Hi,

that’s hard to analyse without knowing more about your setting. Could you maybe share your form? Also, do you know whether any request were performed during the night (like the auto-refresh feature of the filter)?

Cheers
Sebastian

Hi,

I agree is difficult to say anything without the form itself. But upon further investigation I noticed the leak happens even without any form loaded into the right panel. Here is a screenshots:

• the tasklist app (see the right upper corner for memory consumption)

By the way I upgraded to 7.6.0 in the meantime.

If I do a page refresh (F5) the memory comes back to normal (~38 MB).

Any ideeas ?

Thanks

My guess would be that the auto-refresh feature is the reason for this. Perhaps the data it fetches is not cleaned up. That could be caused by the browser itself, the angular framework or the Tasklist.

You could try turning auto-refresh off and see if memory consumption still increases over time.

I disabled auto-refresh and it’s fine now. Does this - the fact that auto-refresh has a memory leak - count as a bug ? Is there any place where I can fill in this ?

You can create a bug report in the Camunda JIRA. I’d say a memory leak would count as a bug :wink: Question is whether it’s a bug in the Tasklist or in the browser - or the browsers development tools. Nevertheless, creating an issue in the Camunda tracker is the right way to go.

Thanks for investigating :slight_smile:

https://app.camunda.com/jira/browse/CAM-7679

Thanks

1 Like