First Service Task is throning ENGINE-09008 Exception while instantiating class intermittenly

Hi,

I was following the “2 Camunda Tutorial for Java Developers” from the Camunda BPMN YouTube Chanel and when I wanted to start the Process the exception is thrown.

I use the Community Platform and deplyed the process directly from thr Camunda BPMN Modler

Can you upload your process model?

Thank you for your quick responde

the XML Code is:

“Camunda Modeler” exporterVersion=“3.0.1”>
<bpmn:process id=“Process_09r0zci” isExecutable=“true”>
<bpmn:startEvent id=“StartEvent_1”>
<bpmn:outgoingISequenceFlow_06g73lc</bpmn:outgoing>
</bpmn:startEvent>
<bpmn:sequenceFlow id=“SequenceFlow_06g73lc” sourceRef=“StartEvent_1” targetRef=“Task_1xzf6gc” />
<bpmn:endEvent id=“EndEvent_013fnc7”>
<bpmn:incomingISequenceFlow_1sl51ju</bpmn:incoming>
</bpmn:endEvent>
<bpmn:sequenceFlow id=“SequenceFlow_1sl51ju” sourceRef=“Task_1xzf6gc” targetRef=“EndEvent_013fnc7” />
<bpmn:serviceTask id=“Task_1xzf6gc” name=“Check Magazin” camunda:class="/ZTraktor/src/main/java/dfki/Traktor/Magazin/CheckMagazinDelegate.java">
<bpmn:incomingI SequenceFlow_06g73lc</bpmn:incoming>
<bpmn:outgoing ISequenceFlow_1sl51ju</bpmn:outgoing>
</bpmn:serviceTask>
</bpmn:process>
<bpmndi:BPMNDiagram id=“BPMNDiagram_1”>
<bpmndi:BPMNPlane id=“BPMNPlane_1” bpmnElement=“Process_09r0zci”>
<bpmndi:BPMNShape id="_BPMNShape_StartEvent_2" bpmnElement=“StartEvent_1”>
<dc:Bounds x=“179” y=“103” width=“36” height=“36” />
</bpmndi:BPMNShape>
<bpmndi:BPMNEdge id=“SequenceFlow_06g73lc_di” bpmnElement=“SequenceFlow_06g73lc”>
<di:waypoint x=“215” y=“121” />
<di:waypoint x=“259” y=“121” />
</bpmndi:BPMNEdge>
<bpmndi:BPMNShape id=“EndEvent_013fnc7_di” bpmnElement=“EndEvent_013fnc7”>
<dc:Bounds x=“625” y=“103” width=“36” height=“36” />
<bpmndi:BPMNEdge id=“SequenceFlow_1sl51ju_di” bpmnElement=“SequenceFlow_1sl51ju”>
<di:waypoint x=“359” y=“121” />
<di:waypoint x=“625” y=“121” />
</bpmndi:BPMNEdge>
<bpmndi:BPMNShape id=“ServiceTask_0bre5pq_di” bpmnElement=“Task_1xzf6gc”>
<dc:Bounds x=“259” y=“81” width=“100” height=“80” />
</bpmndi:BPMNPlane>
</bpmndi:BPMNDiagram>
</bpmn:definitions>

I can not poste something with more than 2 links, cause I’m a new user. So I had to cut out the first part of the XML Code and I put a I instead of am >.

You’ve entered the class incorrectly. It needs to be the qualified name (with . not with / )
If you change that it should work

Can you upload your model and show your directory structure?

I need the entire model file.
I’m interested in seeing the structure of your project - i.e. location of files in relation to other files in your project

Are you starting the process from Camunda Cockpit by any chance? If so, the service task might be executed in its engine if the task is not marked as asynchronous. In that case it attempts to find the class configured for the task, but can’t, because the class is in the webapp from Camunda. That is easily fixed by marking the task asynchronous before.

1 Like

Thank you very mutch, this was the problem.

You’re welcome!

Are you sure the job is not being picked up by an instance of Camunda that doesn’t have the class? And if so, have you checked that the fully qualified class name is correct?

Hi, I think I’m this kind of an issue. I have a camunda starter with spring boot on my PC and there is same app in dev docker env. Both of them are connected to the same oracle database.

How can i fix this issue?

Hi @JakubParzonka,

If you use one for developing new features, you should avoid this. Use a simple H2 database on your local computer instead of the shared Oracle Database.

Hope this helps, Ingo

1 Like

I will try.
Thank You :slight_smile: