Features in free version

can import processes in another format except xml?
these points which I found in some articles still correct about the last free version?:

1- does not support reuse models(processes)
2- you can not define your own KPIs for process
3-business activity monitoring BAM , dashboard does not supported
4-does not Support for calendar
5-does not Support for changing business rules
thanks

Hi @rowa
I’ll try to answer these questions best i can but they are lacking a little detail so i’ll have to make some assumptions.

We support only the BPMN 2.0 standard as defined by the OMG. I’m not sure what reason we would have to support any other type of format, could you give more details about what you might need this for?

In camunda you can create a re-usable model quite easily. All models can be called by a parent by using a Call Activity or can be triggered by a message event.

This depends on exactly what you want to accomplish, there’s not out of the box feature where you can add KPIs to a process but it’s easy to build KPI’s into a process model and also there are community extensions availble that can show KPIs in cockpit.

The enterprise edition has Camunda Optimize which makes this process quiet easy but it’s not part of the open source platform. Although in order to get something like a “basic” version of optimize you can always take the data out of Camunda, put in into elasitc search and visualize the data in Kibana. I’ve done this myself and it’s quite easy even with pretty basic java skills.

I’m not sure what exactly this means, so i’ll need more details.

You can change business rules pretty easily, DMN can be editing and redeployed to the engine in runtime

in fact I am doing a comparative study between features of BPMs and one of them Camunda ,but all articles I found about this study from 2017-2018 ,so I need to be sure if this information (features support/ not support)still right in *last free version:
1-one of this information : we can import processes in only xml format
2+5 can I get links for more information?
4: in article they said: Support for calendar management Not directly supported, but it could be developed ,so I need to know if there is calendar or connection to external one
3:I asked about BAM and dashboards because there is contradiction between two articles(2017) one said that two features supported and another said no
thanks

If you want to be sure, then i would suggest you take a look at the docs - they’re up to date.

You probably need to clarify what you mean by “supported” do you mean that it can be implemented or that it works out of the box?

If you’re interested in researching differences you should search the blog or you can look through the best practices documentation.

If you have specific questions based on what you find in the docs i’m happy to add clarification.

Hi,
one thing I can not found about BAM supported (feature need developed or is out of box) or not supported in free version
another thing Call Activity can be used in free version?
thanks for all information

For Business activity monitoring, you have cockpit dashboard with minimalist dashboard view to check process/task level insights. For extended dashboard view you can rely on Camunda-Optimize which is available for enterprise customers.

Call Activity(and all other bpmn notations) will have the same behaviour as in enterprise version.

2 Likes