I was wondering how to decrease the retry if external task was executor for too long and was overtaken by another camunda external task handler?
- camunda 1 starts - fetch and lock available tasks every minute
- camunda 2 starts - same as above
- external task 1 is created and send to topic external topic 1
- camunda 1 fetches task 1 and locks for 30 seconds
- task 1 takes 45 seconds and lock was exceeded
- camunda 2 fetches and takes over task 1 (because lock time was exceeded)
At this stage I would like to decrease retry for external task by one, it is possible to do using complete/handleFailure but how camunda 2 can know that task 1 was already executed and failed because of the execution time was exceeded?
As I understand there is no way to implement system wide external task execution listener which could intercept such event?