Export to Bizagi

Is there a way to export ti Bizagi? I just get different model representations.

There are few different export options in bizagi - if you export the BPMN file it should load in Camunda

1 Like

thanks! I was thinking the other way around. From Camunda to Bizagi. Anybody tried that?

Shouldn’t be a problem - just import the bpmn file.

The problem is that Bizagi doesn’t support as many symbols as Camunda does. So i’m not sure how it will display those unsupported symbols.

The import works, but the model is a bit different in Bizagi. For example, some boxes and lines are missing.

can you upload your model?

Sure, it’s attached herebt prosess 7.bpmn (274.9 KB)

Looks like the data objects are missing for some reason when you import it in Bizagi but there isn’t a any problem with the BPMN XML itself, there’s just an issue with how it’s being rendered by Bizagi - you’d have to ask them why they’re not properly displaying the objects

Ok, thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Out of interest - why do you need to import it into bizagi?

Some of our clients use Sparx Enterprise Architect. The idea is that if our BPM can be imported to Bizagi, it will also work with Sparx.

If you’re interested in a common platform for sharing models you can maybe take a look at Cawemo.

Where you can have multiple people working on the same model and also share easily via link… like this: https://cawemo.com/shares/1e7f4b00-dc65-408c-a1be-de995d01baba

1 Like

bbb93, did you get any solution to convert diagrams from camunda to Bizagi or Enterprise (sparx)? it would be of interest for me too.

No solution yet! I have also contacted Bizagi support a few times, but no luck so far. It does seem like the XML is valid though so this is peculiar.

I was starting modeling with easy and free draw.io on the net based program version, and further modeling in Camunda freeware version. It was the youtube channel who gave a lot of information to progress within the BPMN2.0 format… Now some newbie idealists is suggesting me to start model in Enterprise Architect (Sparx) which I find a bit compex and harder to use.

I start to ask myself why should models be easy and joyful to do? for whom is the model app created?
What is the aim of model and is it possible to create living and active models?

By using Enterprise Architect the work getting less joyful, is it only because I am not getting deep enought into it yet?

Enterprise Architect (Sparx) is very complex and complicated many menu controled election and seems attractive to coding staff who daily used to write lines with code and think (basic) programming without configuration tools. But as far as I have seen this is static and dead models not connected by configuration to any BPM systems or similar realtime business systems, databases and net applications or apps.

Camunda modeler is the open source, free and easy way with choosing symbols and minor, but is menu for configuration. It is with great joy to make easy models very quick. The free version in combination with windows paint give easy nice and colorful results. But this is static and dead models as well.

Bizagi do have a very nice presentation of their system on “bright-talk” webinar, and focusing on the easy way of doing modeling, configuration and prosess in BPM with live models, easily changed and minimum of coding neccesary. The system may be operated by non programming staff, but coding may be done in some cases for individual customization.

By my point of view it should be very useful to have a common xml or any other format to share files between such systems like Enterprise Architect, Camunda, Bizagi etc. If models can flow between systems it will be easy for developers on different levels. And the competition between systems also will be better.

Best regards, Olaf

Hi,

You may be interested in the Model Interchange Working Group…

In particular, the results of model interchange tests between the various tools is interesting…

regards

Rob

2 Likes