Example project

can you advice me some page (ohre or in the web) where to find an entire project with java code and modeler, which allow me to understand how to interface both each other ??

thank you !!

ps. PLEASE ANSWER !! lol

Thats incredibly broad - what exactly are you trying to do?

i would like to understand how to create link in the tasks, and the code to use.
I try to explain better, i want to create something for insert data in a task. But i don’t know how to do it !! have i to paste the fqn ?? i’m in difficult.

Looking tough to understand your requirement. Please write it in details, maybe step by step what you want. If you are new to Camunda I will suggest you refer some youtube videos. Official Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XeTJQfz_YQ&t=8s another option: Simple Camunda Application with Java: https://youtu.be/_WQtfZ7wRvU

ok, i’ll try to understand. I have a model with 2 service task and 1 user task.
In my java code i have my delegate class.
I want to put something like a link, that put me in another page where i can for example insert data and so on. Can i do it in the user task ?? i have to do it in the service task ?? how can i do it ??

You can use the user task to get input data from the user and in the next activity, you can call your service task, which will call respective layers (application service → DAO) to save the data into the database.
Camunda provides different type of task forms (it will be available when you open tasklist to complete the task) or you can create a custom form as well.
One more thing, if you want more freedom and customization for managing UI to get user data as input, complete user task etc in that case you can design your application like tasklist or cockpit.

1 Like

i think i get the concept. Thank you so much !!

1 Like

ok i’m in, but i would like to know how put data in the user task.

We can have a different way to do that but the easiest way is to use ‘tasklist’, when you will try to complete your task from tasklist, it will provide you a form to see existing process data as well as you can add the variable/data as a user (imaged given below). All those added variables will be available in your execution scope.

2 Likes

ok so, what i understand is:

1. i have to use the userTask to insert data and the service task to save data into DB
  2. the variables to use in form are insererd in the tracklist, as you make me see before.
    but, question: which are the moves to make on the java side ???
    I would like to see how java code have to be implemented.
    Can you help me ??

thnak you very much anyway !!

Please refer my YouTube tutorial: https://youtu.be/XHOEmXZN56A , it will help you to implement exactly what you want to implement.

1 Like

I was having the same doubt, so wherever we need to integrate between the camunda status with the application db, we would need to use a service in between? e.g. things like notifications to be sent on the application when a task is completed, would be modelled as the service, and it is responsible for syncing the state?

so helpful, thank you so much.

1 Like

Yes, this is the basic traditional approach. But we can have different another way for different scenarios.

Hello my friend. I studied so much your tutorial in last two days. I have some question. In the diagram bpm, which class we put in link for the block "save in db " ??

UPDATE:
how about the deployment (for the open source version ) ??

update 2, is the deployment the same also for the open source version ??