Example BPMN process does not deploy

Hi again dominikh,
I am okay about my first question. The only thing I don’t know there, is if I have to press the “Complete” button when I select the “Form” tab from the user task “Approve Loan”.
About my second question I checked both of the “Java Compiler” and the “Maven Run Configurations” of my project. I suppose that the problem is somewhere here because I read again the same “error message” when I try to rebuild Maven. When I run Maven I see at the top of my Console the following Directory path: C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_131\bin\ javaw.exe (date and time of running).
I am also going to upload some photos (either tonight or tomorrow) with the screenshots with the configurations (for Java Compiler and Maven Run Configurations) in order to help you understand better.
Thank you.

regards,
Steve

Hi @dominikh
I managed to find a solution for compilation error and I went on the tutorial example of the site.
At the moment I am facing another issue.
After the redeployment of the process application (“Re-Build and Deploy” in the link “HTML Forms” of the tutorial) when I go to Camunda Tasklist and press “start new process” button for the “loan approval” process I see again the same as the previous form (after the first deployment). If you read the relative paragraph, it mentions that “You will notice that the custom form is displayed” and on the screenshot another type of form is displayed, not the one that I see at the moment.
Thanks a lot,

Steve

Hi @steftriant

Glad that you found a solution for your first issue.
Could you upload a screenshot of the form that is displayed when you click on start new process?
Is the html that you bind to the start event as a Form key ( embedded:app:forms/request-loan.html ) saved in the main/webapp/forms folder of your project as request-loan.html ?

regards,
Dominik

Hi @dominikh,

Yes, of course, I am going to upload some photos (screenshots) tonight back home.
As for your question, yes, I followed exactly the steps in the link Get started with Camunda | docs.camunda.org where it mentions the following in the paragraph “Add a Start Form”: “Click on the start event. In the properties view, click on the Forms tab and insert embedded:app:forms/request-loan.html into the Form Key property field. This means that we want to use an embedded form inside the Tasklist and that the form is loaded from the application”. I have done respectively the same also for the task with the task form.
Thanks a lot,

Steve

Hi again @dominikh,

In addition to my earlier post, I upload some photos with the screenshots about the forms that I had mentioned.
The first one is the form that I should have seen after the redeployment of the process application (“Re-Build and Deploy” in the link “HTML Forms” of the tutorial).

The second one is the next screenshot that I should have seen.
The next 2 ones are the screenshots that I see after the redeployment.
To conclude, today I went on the tutorial, I executed also the steps mentioned in the last stage (“Invoking a Java Class from a BPMN 2.0 Service Task”) and I had a problem at the point of last (the 3rd totally during the tutorial) deployment of process application. I upload also the last log file from my server where it mentions that no deployment has taken place.
catalina.2017-06-27.log (178.3 KB)
I hope not to bother you with all these questions.
Thanks a lot,
Steve

Hi @steftriant,

There are 2 possible problems:

1. the Form Key of your Start Event in the BPMN is wrong. it should be embedded:app:forms/request-loan.html
  2. the form isn’t saved in the main/webapp/forms folder

Please check that and take a screenshot of the properties panel of your start event.
A screenshot of your project structure (especially where the form is saved) would also be helpful.

regards,
Dominik

Hi @dominikh,
I have checked both and I am correct but I am going to upload also tonight the relative screenshots to see.

regards,
Steve

Hi @dominikh,
I upload my relative screenshots and after that I have to make a comment on something that I noticed yesterday.

If you take a look at the 3rd screenshot and read the highlighted text you will notice that something is wrong with the BPMN model in the Modeler. In particular, the error has to do with the Form Fields of Start Event and maybe User Task (ID, Type, Label and Default Value) as you can see also in the 4rth one (7th line of the XML diagram of my BPMN model).

regards,
Steve

Hi @steftriant,

You mixed up embedded with generated forms.
You don’t have to provide any Form Field if you provide an embedded Form Key.
Moreover I guess your FormField is not configured.
Just remove the FromField and depoly your process again :slight_smile:

regards,
Dominik

Hi @dominikh,

I followed exactly your last instructions yesterday and I have to inform you that all deployments were successful and I managed to complete the tutorial example of the site! :slight_smile:
I would also like to inform you for a constant error that is displayed in my Eclipse although the steps of tutorial were successful. In case you could help me of course…
I had this error at eclipse:

Description Resource Path Location Type
Archive for required library: ‘C:/Users/user/.m2/repository/org/camunda/bpm/model/camunda-cmmn-model/7.7.0/camunda-cmmn-model-7.7.0.jar’ in project ‘loan-approval’ cannot be read or is not a valid ZIP file loan-approval Build path Build Path Problem

I deleted the camunda-cmmn-model-7.7.0.jar file and did a maven update and I have the following error:

Description Resource Path Location Type
Failure to transfer org.camunda.bpm.model:camunda-cmmn-model:jar:7.7.0 from Central Repository: was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of central has elapsed or updates are forced. Original error: Could not transfer artifact org.camunda.bpm.model:camunda-cmmn-model:jar:7.7.0 from/to central (Central Repository:): C:\Users\user.m2\repository\org\camunda\bpm\model\camunda-cmmn-model\7.7.0\aether-9eab936a-10c0-4af7-b31b-0fba982882d1-camunda-cmmn-model-7.7.0.jar-in-progress
org.eclipse.aether.transfer.ArtifactTransferException: Failure to transfer org.camunda.bpm.model:camunda-cmmn-model:jar:7.7.0 from Central Repository: was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of central has elapsed or updates are forced. Original error: Could not transfer artifact org.camunda.bpm.model:camunda-cmmn-model:jar:7.7.0 from/to central (Central Repository:): C:\Users\user.m2\repository\org\camunda\bpm\model\camunda-cmmn-model\7.7.0\aether-9eab936a-10c0-4af7-b31b-0fba982882d1-camunda-cmmn-model-7.7.0.jar-in-progress

I uploaded also the relative screenshot from my eclipse:

Thanks again from my heart!

regards,
Steve

Hi again @dominikh,

I would like to inform you of a recent topic that I created here “ENGINE-09005 Could not parse BPMN process” in case you could help me of course, as I am facing another issue with my process application this time (not the one of the tutorial example). If you take a look in that topic, you will see a problem that I encountered with the first deployment of my process since the relative log file mentions some logging errors correlated with my Diagram in the Camunda Modeler.
I uploaded also here the relative files and screenshots in case you could help.

catalina.2017-07-10.log (83.0 KB)

Electronic Equipment Competitions.bpmn (21.0 KB)

Thank you in advance.

My regards,
Steve

2 posts were split to a new topic: Process not showing up in Cockpit

I’m facing the same issue. I tried all that have been discussed, so far, but still the console it still only showing:

Can anyone tell what’s the issue?