Error while submitting the task form

I have just downloaded camunda modeler and topcat server from Camunda.org and also set up java environment variable in a new computer but when I am trying to run a task it’s throwing an error. the process is get deployed to camunda cockpit and also Start process is successfully running but when trying to complete the process it’s throwing the error.
An error happened while submitting the task form : Cannot submit task form 6bf59085-f8d1-11ea-818d-1cbfc05037af: Can’t find scripting engine for ‘javascript’: scriptEngine is null

Maybe sharing your bpmn might help to solve the Problem.
The Script-Engine-Name is afaik case-sensitive, have you tried “JavaScript” already?

diagram_2.bpmn (3.1 KB)

yeah tried using “JavaScript”

while running the camunda.bat file it’s not opening the camunda cockpit in the browser like it used to in my old computer

no matter what process i am running i am getting an error while submitting the task

An error happened while submitting the task form : Cannot submit task form 8b157375-f8d6-11ea-ac5a-1cbfc05037af: Unknown property used in expression: ${approved}. Cause: Cannot resolve identifier 'approved’leave process.bpmn (5.9 KB)
tried running this and getting the above error

In your BPMN the variable approved is never set, so that’s causing that error-message… Maybe you want to add this value to your user-form?

Btw: A JavaScript print statement just prints to your Camunda Console-Output, not to your currently open browser tab.

1 Like

yeah, I know javascript prints in the console output, but it’s not printing in the console output either.

And what exactly is your current problem? You addressed different errors in all your posts now :smiley:

1 Like

I am unable to end any of my process once I have started the process. No matter how small the process every time I try to end it after starting the process I get the error “error happened while submitting task form”

Hi @Akashdeep_Nandi,

which java version do you use?

Cheers, Ingo

Hi @Ingo_Richtsmeier I am using JDK 15

Hi @Akashdeep_Nandi,

wow, early adaptor! It was released just two days ago.

Unfortunately they removed the Nashorn engine from this java version: https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/372

I had it on my list to try a javascript task on this JVM to see the error, but you showed how it looks like.

There is a ticket in the Camunda Backlog about this and it contains a link how you can use javascript with the help of the Graal VM: https://jira.camunda.com/browse/CAM-12103.

If you like, you can try it out or use a different scripting engine.

I’m curious what effort is needed to apply the hints from the article (and if it works).

The Unkown property used in expression is a totally different story.

Hope this helps, Ingo

1 Like

Hi @Ingo_Richtsmeier this really helps thank you. Let me try using an older version of JDk and hopefully the problems will be resolved