Error while creating new project using Netbeans

Hi,

I am setting up my Netbeans IDE to create camunda projects.
I am using the following software:

NetBeans: 8.1
JDK: 1.8.0.171 (including JAVA_HOME enviroment setting)
Maven: 3.5.3 (including M2_HOME and MAVEN_HOME enviroment setting)

I have added the camunda maven repository (URL found on this page: Maven Project Templates (Archetypes) | docs.camunda.org) to my NetBeans IDE.

When I create a new Maven Project (File → New Project → Maven → Project from Archetype), I search for “camunda” and select “camunda-archetype-servlet-war”.

In the picture in the next reply (I can just post one image) I have marked the Version entry field because this one makes problems. Only the version 7.6.1 works for me. When I select any other version (for example the current version 7.8.2) I got an error message while creating the new project.

Scanning for projects...

------------------< org.apache.maven:standalone-pom >-------------------
Building Maven Stub Project (No POM) 1
--------------------------------[ pom ]---------------------------------

>>> maven-archetype-plugin:3.0.1:generate (default-cli) > generate-sources @ standalone-pom >>>

<<< maven-archetype-plugin:3.0.1:generate (default-cli) < generate-sources @ standalone-pom <<<

--- maven-archetype-plugin:3.0.1:generate (default-cli) @ standalone-pom ---
Generating project in Batch mode
Archetype repository not defined. Using the one from [org.camunda.bpm.archetype:camunda-archetype-servlet-war:7.8.1] found in catalog remote
------------------------------------------------------------------------
BUILD FAILURE
Total time: 3.763 s
Finished at: 2018-06-02T13:34:38+02:00
Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:3.0.1:generate (default-cli) on project standalone-pom: The desired archetype does not exist (org.camunda.bpm.archetype:camunda-archetype-servlet-war:7.8.2) -> [Help 1]

To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.

For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoFailureException

Any ideas what is going wrong and how I can fix this problem?

When I use an eclipse installation (Oxygen 3.a) it works fine.

Best regards

Rainer

1 Like

Here is the picture:

No one any ideas? :frowning:

Hi @Ironarrow,

Could you please share your pom.xml file.

Best regards,
Yana

You might just use:
https://github.com/camunda-consulting/camunda-starter-projects
clone this repo and use the servlet war project and rename it accordingly.

Best
Felix

1 Like

In the last few days / weeks version 7.9.0 was available. This version works fine. The newest one (7.9.1-snapshot) doesn’t work again.

What do you mean by 7.9.1-snapshot doesnt work? Which snapshot?

I am talking from this snapshot.

In NetBeans I added https://app.camunda.com/nexus/content/repositories/camunda-bpm/ to services → Maven repositories. After downloading and extracting the repository indexes, I created a new project using File → New Project → Maven → Project from Archetype. Then I selected camunda-archetype-servlet-war and the verion 7.9.1-SNAPSHOT is filled in automatically.

And with this snapshot-version I can’t create a project. I got the following message:

Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:3.0.1:generate (default-cli) on project standalone-pom: The desired archetype does not exist (org.camunda.bpm.archetype:camunda-archetype-servlet-war:7.9.1-SNAPSHOT) → [Help 1]

And when I enter the version 7.9.0 manually, it works fine.

Group ID : org.camunda.bpm.archetype
Artifact ID : camunda-archetype-servlet-war
Version : 7.10.0
Repository : JFrog