Error when installing the Eclipse Plugin Camunda Modeler

The following error appears in Eclipse when I attempt to install the Camunda Modeler 3.0 for Kepler:

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
  Software being installed: camunda modeler 3.0.0 (org.camunda.bpm.modeler.feature.feature.group 3.0.0)
  Missing requirement: camunda modeler 3.0.0 (org.camunda.bpm.modeler 3.0.0) requires 'bundle org.eclipse.emf.transaction 0.0.0' but it could not be found
  Cannot satisfy dependency:
    From: camunda modeler 3.0.0 (org.camunda.bpm.modeler.feature.feature.group 3.0.0)
    To: org.camunda.bpm.modeler [3.0.0]

I have previously used 2.7 without problem. I tried upgrading and ran into this, I uninstalled the modeler and did a clean install but the same problem occured.

Hi,

the eclipse plugin modeler is deprecated. You are warmly encouraged to use the Camunda Modeler which is also open source and can be downloaded here:

https://camunda.org/download/modeler/

For sake of completeness, I guess Kepler misses some EMF bundles (actually org.eclipse.emf.transaction). Maybe you can try to completely install EMF…

Kind regards,
Ragnar

Hello Ragnar,

I did manage to install it by checking the “Contact all update sites during install to find required software” in Eclipse.

The original problem (the reason I tried to reinstall it after upgrading to 3.0) is not solved however, all I get when I attempt to open a BPMN file is a blank page (the file tab won’t even show the file name).

I also tried to use the Camunda Modeler, but every time I open a BPMN file I get a pop-up:
“Would you like to convert your diagram to the namespace?”

I always clicks yes, expecting that it will convert for me, but when I open the same file again, the pop-up reappears. It grows old very quickly.

Br,
Victor

Hi Victor,

I double checked it with some “old” model from one of our showcases. When I open the model, choose “yes” and then save the model, the Modeler does not ask again. Please check you have current version of Modeler and try it with the attached model…

Best,
Ragnar
camel-use-cases.bpmn (21.6 KB)

Yes! And now it works for the other files as well. I’m not sure why it wouldn’t work yesterday.

I’ll stick to the Camunda Modeler then.

Thanks,
Victor

Mission accomplished! :smiley: